• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Smokey what brand holster is that ?
    I like the belt clip arrangement in that it would hold pistol closer to body opposed to belt clip mounted on holster in line with with slide, not next to slide like yours shown or crossbreed holsters, ect.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I just read the past few pages of this thread... thoughts...

I carry my p365 in a kydex holster with a claw (Concealment express? We the people? I've got a bunch of kydex holsters and don't remember the brand and can't check right now). The claw seems to work. Mostly. Once in awhile, though, everything shifts and somehow the claw makes its' way on top of the belt, and that sucks. I may photo it later. Or maybe try yet another holster.

My nephew has recently become a capital police officer and they have issued him a G17 G22. He tells me he is expected to generally carry it concealed while off duty. That seems brutal. Still, easier than a 92FS. Worse than a P229.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I just read the past few pages of this thread... thoughts...

I carry my p365 in a kydex holster with a claw (Concealment express? We the people? I've got a bunch of kydex holsters and don't remember the brand and can't check right now). The claw seems to work. Mostly. Once in awhile, though, everything shifts and somehow the claw makes its' way on top of the belt, and that sucks. I may photo it later. Or maybe try yet another holster.

My nephew has recently become a capital police officer and they have issued him a G17 G22. He tells me he is expected to generally carry it concealed while off duty. That seems brutal. Still, easier than a 92FS. Worse than a P229.
    I'd rather pack a 17/22 concealed than a 229. And I've carried both. I dislike the sig as I don't like the grip and the barrel axis is way too high but as far as concealment, it's a THICK gun and I'm little. I usually carry a 19 or a 33 since I can use whatever I want now.

If your nephew is a good size guy the 22 is no challenge. If he's in my size bracket, the butt of the grip will be the hard part. A high riding AIWB is the best bet. I can't put a full size glock at 3-430 and not have the grip print unless I have a jacket on.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'd rather pack a 17/22 concealed than a 229. And I've carried both. I dislike the sig as I don't like the grip and the barrel axis is way too high but as far as concealment, it's a THICK gun and I'm little. I usually carry a 19 or a 33 since I can use whatever I want now.

If your nephew is a good size guy the 22 is no challenge. If he's in my size bracket, the butt of the grip will be the hard part. A high riding AIWB is the best bet. I can't put a full size glock at 3-430 and not have the grip print unless I have a jacket on.
    A regular IWB or OWB with a good forward cant at the 2 O'clock position is the best bet.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    A regular IWB or OWB with a good forward cant at the 2 O'clock position is the best bet.
    I tried galco summer comfort, milt sparks, and Mitch rosen. Still hated carrying the sig. Ended up with a guy making me a super high ride owb with a thumb break. Made sitting/driving more comfortable.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I tried galco summer comfort, milt sparks, and Mitch rosen. Still hated carrying the sig. Ended up with a guy making me a super high ride owb with a thumb break. Made sitting/driving more comfortable.
    My issue was not so much the Sig, but belts. There was no such thing as a ratchet belt years ago when I was working. What I would have given for one back then. To be able to just discreetly loosen it a half inch when I was carrying all that shit sitting in an airplane seat. Undoing a holed belt certainly was not feasible.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    My issue was not so much the Sig, but belts. There was no such thing as a ratchet belt years ago when I was working. What I would have given for one back then. To be able to just discreetly loosen it a half inch when I was carrying all that shit sitting in an airplane seat. Undoing a holed belt certainly was not feasible.
    For IWB I used the old khaki web belts. Infinitely adjustable and could be done relatively surreptitiously. One handed "itch scratch" adjust with practice.

OWB, had a guy who made cmsa gear doin dress leather belts. Two layers of cow or horse hide with kydex sewn between them. He did them with great looking brass or nickel buckles or set up for a rodeo buckle. Solid and looked sharp even in a suit. Not infinitely adjustable though.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For IWB I used the old khaki web belts. Infinitely adjustable and could be done relatively surreptitiously. One handed "itch scratch" adjust with practice.

OWB, had a guy who made cmsa gear doin dress leather belts. Two layers of cow or horse hide with kydex sewn between them. He did them with great looking brass or nickel buckles or set up for a rodeo buckle. Solid and looked sharp even in a suit. Not infinitely adjustable though.
    I always used a Filson double leather belt. Worked great. A web belt wouldn't have worked for me because of other stuff I had to carry on it.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD

Gun preferences are very personal. We all have our preferences.

Nephew is young (22 I think), tall and slender and prefers the feel of my Sigs, but is issued the Glock 22. He carries appendix. He's suggested that the off duty appendix carry method is compulsory, but that doesn't make sense to me. But, it's government so who knows. He said they are trying for authorization for alternate off duty weapons approval. If I know the way agencies work, however, I'd suggest that he better get prepared for an endless stream of "two weeks."

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I carry my Shield 80% of the time. IWB in a G-Code incog holster in the summer, and OWB in a Upperhand Holster in the winter.

E6BB07F5-0A58-4EA5-8536-37086E5FFED7.jpeg

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Nephew is young (22 I think), tall and slender and prefers the feel of my Sigs, but is issued the Glock 22. He carries appendix. He's suggested that the off duty appendix carry method is compulsory, but that doesn't make sense to me. But, it's government so who knows. He said they are trying for authorization for alternate off duty weapons approval. If I know the way agencies work, however, I'd suggest that he better get prepared for an endless stream of "two weeks."
    Capitol Police will never approve off duty weapons. They haven't since the dawn of time.

Suppressed

MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2023
    Maryland
    Sig 229 in a Don Hume and a HK P7M13 in a Horseshoe Leather.

Attachments

• 77541264-F200-4C8E-80A4-3D6FC81A56C6.jpeg
      77541264-F200-4C8E-80A4-3D6FC81A56C6.jpeg
      390.3 KB · Views: 93

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I always used a Filson double leather belt. Worked great. A web belt wouldn't have worked for me because of other stuff I had to carry on it.
    For me it was gun, two mags, handheld light, knife, chem spray, and very minimal medical could be possible. In a suit, less. No cuffs or other equipment.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD

Have him get carry permits and carry whatever he wants. How can CapPol control that?

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Sig 229 in a Don Hume and a HK P7M13 in a Horseshoe Leather.
    Very nice!
    Feels strange to say it, but I haven’t yet carried my P7 in MD. At least not that I remember. Used to carry it on the weekends in AZ. Sig 365 took daily duty here as soon as I got it.

Biknman

MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2023
    Baltimore City
    Here’s my EDC P365/Lima in a Gunner’s IWB @ 3 o’clock:
    8A888A89-8572-4A17-BC47-84720D753931.jpeg

Be great if the holster manufacturers made a slot or a holder of sorts for your CCW permit so it’s always there on your holster.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Here’s my EDC P365/Lima in a Gunner’s IWB @ 3 o’clock:

Be great if the holster manufacturers made a slot or a holder of sorts for your CCW permit so it’s always there on your holster.
    But why? So you can reach towards your gun to get your permit for them to read as they shoot you in the face? Comon man. Seriously. LOL How about put it right next to your concealed carry permit badge too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom