• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Just moved to the area and I am looking for a good drive through (like a Flagship) and or self-wash. Any recommendations?

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    There's a self serve near west st & spa rd, I can't think of the actual st its on but it cuts btw west and spa. Never used it, just have seen it in passing.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There's one near the Home Depot on Defense Highway.

Also Robinson Rd in Severna Park.

I go to the Great American Car Wash on Rt 2. It's a few more dollars than the self-serve places but it comes out better and I don't have to vacuum or do the windows. :D

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Awesome thanks guys. I am in pasadena now off rt 2 will look for that great american carwash!

Feb 28, 2013
    Yep, just before the Subaru dealer.

Apparently the place is popular because it's always packed when I deliver there.:)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yep, just before the Subaru dealer.

Apparently the place is popular because it's always packed when I deliver there.:)

Yeah, when it snows it will have a half mile line blocking the shoulders and ramps onto 665 waiting to get in. I have no idea why the police allow it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Subaru uses them for customer washes I believe. It used to be a ratty place. Since rebuilt and modern looking. I wonder if the dealership took it over?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Subaru uses them for customer washes I believe. It used to be a ratty place. Since rebuilt and modern looking. I wonder if the dealership took it over?

It only appeared so from the street, it was not that old, built just a few years before it was expanded. I am pretty certain the dealership does not run it.

It was the scene of a horrible accident where an illegal immigrant without a license crashed a customer's car into the lounge.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    One right across from Sonic in Edgewater I think too...

You are correct.

Regarding the one at rt2 and 665, they were sued because of the dangers being created by the backups on rt 2 and the resulting accidents. That is why they expanded. Even after the expansion, my wife was hit heading north in the left lane when someone merged from 665 heading north as well and came upon stopped cars and veered left 3 lanes...

Workers there came to her help as the guy took off immediately and someone got a tag number thankfully.

Scratch

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 18, 2013
    Annapolis
    Agreed the one on Route 2 is too crowded. I use the one at West Street & Spa Road, just before the traffic circle. Get one of their free customer cards and the drive-thru automatic wash is free every 12th or 13th time.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It only appeared so from the street, it was not that old, built just a few years before it was expanded. I am pretty certain the dealership does not run it.

It was the scene of a horrible accident where an illegal immigrant without a license crashed a customer's car into the lounge.

No, the dealership does not run or own it. Nor do they wash customer cars there either.

It was a brand new car wash several years ago. They expanded it about 2-3 years ago to accommodate more cars in the "line" to limit the traffic on 2.

The folks that own the car wash own other locations. http://maritimeautowash.com/

Feb 28, 2013
    You are correct.

Regarding the one at rt2 and 665, they were sued because of the dangers being created by the backups on rt 2 and the resulting accidents. That is why they expanded. Even after the expansion, my wife was hit heading north in the left lane when someone merged from 665 heading north as well and came upon stopped cars and veered left 3 lanes...

Workers there came to her help as the guy took off immediately and someone got a tag number thankfully.

That really is kind of a stupid ass location for a carwash.:rolleyes:

They could have expanded into double the size and it wouldn't have been enough.

I hate delivering to that place.:sad20:

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Okay just a follow-up...

I located and found the Maritime Autowash near Severna Park. Very nice facility, but man are they are expensive for their top of the line wash! $29! Car still came out with crud on it. They have a monthly unlimited wash club but they are too far from me.

So next, I hit up the Great American carwash on 2 last weekend and it was nice - the facilities were not as nice at Maritime, but it was also a lot less expenive. No line over the Holiday weekend. They did a good job on the car. I joined their monthly wash club for $44 since I can get there in 10 min or less.

Thanks for all of the recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom