• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Has anyone ever used Kameen Eye associates in Baltimore or Select eye care for their eye surgery needs in the Maryland area. I am curious about your outcome and pirce etc. Thanks

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

I just had Cataract Surgery in July 2011...

I had an excellent outcome & am simply amazed at how well I can see now..!

I'm 67 and covered by Medicare + an AARP Supplement plan...

My Doctor is George W. Duncan, he is a Partner at MD Eye Care...

They are located on Joppa
    Road in Towson, phone Number 410-828-5558...

My total cost $30.00 for an Eye Exam + $275 for New Glasses...

I was operated on at 8 AM & by 10 AM O'Clock I was having breakfast in Friendly's...

There was no discomfort, no pain, BUT lots of drops to put in my eyes before & after surgery...

And of course my GP Physician had to run a series of tests to make sure I was in good shape for anesthesia & surgery...

And life is Good again...

Hope this is helpful...

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    Sgt Preston here...

I just had Cataract Surgery in July 2011...

I had an excellent outcome & am simply amazed at how well I can see now..!

I'm 67 and covered by Medicare + an AARP Supplement plan...

My Doctor is George W. Duncan, he is a Partner at MD Eye Care...

They are located on Joppa
    Road in Towson, phone Number 410-828-5558...

My total cost $30.00 for an Eye Exam + $275 for New Glasses...

I was operated on at 8 AM & by 10 AM O'Clock I was having breakfast in Friendly's...

There was no discomfort, no pain, BUT lots of drops to put in my eyes before & after surgery...

And of course my GP Physician had to run a series of tests to make sure I was in good shape for anesthesia & surgery...

And life is Good again...

Hope this is helpful...

Thanks for your help. I have to have the cats removed from my eyes and I like to look around a bit before deciding on such a serious matter. I am glad to hear your surgery went well. Many thanks for the name of a good doc.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    Select Eye Care, Towson 410-821-6400, Dr LaBorwit

Only way to go :party29:

He worked on my "blind shooting eye" a couple years ago and I see him maybe three times a year for check ups. Need glasses for reading, should use them for distance but more often than not I forget to ware them.

In and out of the office door for check ups in 30 to 45 minutes!

Enzo_Guy

Jul 13, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I'm what you would call the "special case" guy that every eye doctor knows by first name (and remember these people see me once or twice a year). A lot of doctors won't even see me because my eyes are so outrageously bad (bad enough to claim legally blind status on my taxes), so it's pretty easy for me to weed out the good ones.

That said, try the Chesapeake Eye Center in the Anne Arundel Medical Center. Might be a bit of a drive but well worth it. Dr. Scott is one of the best surgeons in the area and even did my grandfather's cataract surgery about a month ago. If he hadn't said anything about it I would have never known he had that surgery, right back at work the next day with no complications.

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Hey Enzo, if you are legally blind you had better let me hold those guns for you so you don't hurt yourself...

Just wanted to make sure you could see this...:innocent0

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    That said, try the Chesapeake Eye Center in the Anne Arundel Medical Center. Might be a bit of a drive but well worth it. Dr. Scott is one of the best surgeons in the area and even did my grandfather's cataract surgery about a month ago. If he hadn't said anything about it I would have never known he had that surgery, right back at work the next day with no complications.

+1. They did my dad's cataract surgery. They'll probably be doing mine some day too.

Yoboney

Sep 2, 2008
    So how were your guy's outcome wiith the cataract surgery? Did you have residual astigmatism that was till present and how is the vision after the surgery? Did you use the toric iol or a restor or standard lens replacement? Many thanks. The day is getting closer so I am more apprehensive and curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom