• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmc1968

Pronouns: Bro / Brah/ Bruh
    Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Greetings,

I have an active Maryland WCHP. Anyone know if I can carry in the Baltimore Aquarium. Planning a trip and just want to be sure before heading out.

Thanks
    Semper Fi

sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia
    No metal detectors and nothing on their site that I can find prohibiting it. I've always had a pocket knife without issues. I haven't been since getting a carry permit but other forums say ok also.

Usmc1968

Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    No metal detectors and nothing on their site that I can find prohibiting it. I've always had a pocket knife without issues. I haven't been since getting a carry permit but other forums say ok also.

Thanks, yeah I could not find anything either just wanted to double check! Much appreciated

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I carry every time I’ve gone. Don’t even remember if they had signs, whenever places do I ignore it since it’s usually a picture of a revolver or a Beretta and I carry a Glock.

Usmc1968

Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    As Occam and Ammo Jon stated, I carry as much and whenever possible, not out of fear but preparedness. There were no issues at the Baltimore aquarium, no signs or metal detectors :-) Ohh yeah and no pictures of an H&K USP or Canik SC, so all good :rockon:

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I carry every day, as much as possible. Being better able to protect yourself opens your activity options, not the opposite as you imply.
    *****THIS. Being able to carry is kind of like carrying emergency equipment in case an unlikely event happens that you might need that equipment to save your life or that of your loved ones, etc.. Nobody can plan perfectly for all situations of course, but having certain options available can mitigate risks significantly. The aquarium is a nice place to visit, but is surrounded somewhat by areas that are not such a nice place to visit.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I’ve carried there multiple times, no issues.

Are they still being stupid with their mask mandate? That has kept me from going back recently with the kids.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Why go, if you need too carry. Won’t you be looking over your shoulder the whole time you are there?
    I don’t carry because I’m scared, I carry because I’m not going to be anyones victim nor will my children. Having carried for the past 4 years I’d honestly prefer not to, even with a small gun it’s still “heavy” and I have to worry about printing and someone seeing it but it’s the price I pay for our “leaders” deciding to let the wolves feed on the sheep.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I don’t carry because I’m scared, I carry because I’m not going to be anyones victim nor will my children. Having carried for the past 4 years I’d honestly prefer not to, even with a small gun it’s still “heavy” and I have to worry about printing and someone seeing it but it’s the price I pay for our “leaders” deciding to let the wolves feed on the sheep.
    I find myself carrying my Ruger LCP MAX 9 time out of 10 as I don’t like the weight of any of my other guns.

Usmc1968

Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    EXACTLY

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    No mask mandate, there was a mixed bag folks with/without. It was a fun day
    Good to know. I think it was about a month ago wife looked at going, and they still had a mask mandate plus required to see proof of vaccination at the door.

Usmc1968

Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Good to know. I think it was about a month ago wife looked at going, and they still had a mask mandate plus required to see proof of vaccination at the door.
    Yep, none of that. We have a family membership and just walked right in after they scanned our passes.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Greetings,

I have an active Maryland WCHP. Anyone know if I can carry in the Baltimore Aquarium. Planning a trip and just want to be sure before heading out.

Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Not a prohibited place by state statute therefore good to go. Signs do not carry weight of law in Maryland.

GiveMeABreak

Aug 14, 2020
    LoL what? Who is this guy?
    Just a quick reply to welder. This was my opinion. Last time I checked this is still America. Freedom of speech, etc. you know all of the stuff that makes us Patriots. I hope you are not trying to stifle my God given rights!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom