• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Why go, if you need too carry. Won’t you be looking over your shoulder the whole time you are there?

I’ll be happy the day that criminals and violent offenders don’t go places to harm people and THEY are the ones looking over their shoulder for the good guys. Obviously Baltimore isn’t that place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just a quick reply to welder. This was my opinion. Last time I checked this is still America. Freedom of speech, etc. you know all of the stuff that makes us Patriots. I hope you are not trying to stifle my God given rights!
    I think you made a mistake, you quoted Hibs and then you responded to my post. You can bet the bank i don't have a problem with everyone carrying or having God given rights.

Usmc1968

Pronouns: Bro / Brah/ Bruh
    Jan 22, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    To GiveMeABreak-
    You are right, we all have our right to express our opinion(s) as well as reasons to carry (if we are legally allowed to in this State). That being said, we should ALWAYS have a good sense of situational awareness, but especially when carrying. Paying attention to people that seem out of place (wearing heavy clothes/jackets in the middle of summer), exits, background, cover, etc. This does not mean I should be paranoid, just aware. Kind of like when I was riding a motorcycle, I was extra aware of cars, obstacles, the head movement and direction of drivers' heads, etc. Survival favors the prepared.
    Semper Fi

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Why go, if you need too carry. Won’t you be looking over your shoulder the whole time you are there?
    Why would carrying involve looking over your shoulder? We are talking about undetectable CCW which is what the smart HGP holders practice- not open visible carry which while legal with the permit is not an advisable method.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    he's someone who needs a ban hammer
    But why? Because he stated why go to the aquarium center if you feel tye need to carry?

I get OPs question. It’s a great question. We use to get annual passes there until the riots. Now we only go for Raven and oriole’s games.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I'll be lazy and just quote myself from a few days ago:

The probability of ever using your gun is extremely low, no matter what or where.

It is simply not possible to assess risk. Our assessment is purely subjective, and will certainly be unrealistic. Places we think are dangerous may actually present no threat, and places we "feel" to be safe (because of familiarity, normality bias, etc) may be the site of an armed attack or mass shooting.

The Luby’s Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas seemed safe enough. Who would expect a gunfight in a church? This store is in a nice neighborhood, and I've shopped here 1000 times.

If we carry based on a perceived probability of a threat, it makes sense to either never carry at all, or always carry. The least reasonable approach is to carry only sometimes, based on our feelings or prejudices.

-------------
    My point is that it's a fool's errand to start dividing potential destinations into two categories:

1) Safe, familiar places I don't need to carry,
    and

2) Scary, unfamiliar places I do need to carry.

It's a fool's errand because we will always get that assessment wrong.

This woman felt it would be okay to leave her gun in the car. Boy, was she wrong!

Suzanna Hupp survived the 1991 mass shooting at Luby's Cafeteria in Kileen, Texas.

Twenty-three people including Hupp's parents were killed, making it the worst mass shooting in the U.S. before the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007.

The experience of being at Luby's, unarmed and unable to protect herself or her parents, has made Hupp one of the leading advocates of the right to carry concealed weapons.

"My gun was out in my car, 100 yards away, completely useless to me, because I'd wanted to obey the law."
    "For several years I carried a gun in my purse, at that time illegally in the state of Texas," Hupp told Here & Now's Robin Young, "So I figured, 'I've got this guy.' But then I realized a few months earlier, I had made one of the stupidest decisions of my life. My gun was out in my car, 100 yards away, completely useless to me, because I'd wanted to obey the law."

...It is simply not possible to assess risk. Our assessment is purely subjective, and will certainly be unrealistic. Places we think are dangerous may actually present no threat, and places we "feel" to be safe (because of familiarity, normality bias, etc) may be the site of an armed attack or mass shooting.

...If we carry based on a perceived probability of a threat, it makes sense to either never carry at all, or always carry. The least reasonable approach is to carry only sometimes, based on our feelings or prejudices.

-------------------

-------------------

Last edited:

Coop de Ville

Nov 11, 2012
    Greetings,

I have an active Maryland WCHP. Anyone know if I can carry in the Baltimore Aquarium. Planning a trip and just want to be sure before heading out.

Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Went recently. No metal detectors and they don't do any sort of security checks.

Chinrednek

Jul 3, 2012
    Only answering the OP's question.
    • Weapons—including firearms, ammunition, knives, sharp tools or instruments, mace/pepper spray or other chemical weapons—are strictly prohibited.
    1000007942.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom