• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildmandt

Nov 1, 2022
    Westminster
    Hi guys thanks for the add. I’ve searched the forums and web but can’t find a definitive answer maybe you guys can help

My Daughter does travel Softball. And 90% of the fields she plays at are County parks in Maryland and PA
    I looked up the rules for the county codes in particular Carroll county and it says no firearms.
    Having my CCW can I still carry in county parks?

Thanks for any help

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    AACO

§ 14-2-106. Fireworks, firearms, explosives.
    A person may not discharge fireworks, firearms, or explosives in a park without written permission
    from the Director and the other necessary permits.
    (1985 Code, Art. 19, § 2-106)

§ 14-2-107. Horses.
    A person may not ride, walk, or otherwise have a horse on park grounds except on bridle paths
    designated for that purpose by the Director.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    AACO

§ 14-2-106. Fireworks, firearms, explosives.
    A person may not discharge fireworks, firearms, or explosives in a park without written permission
    from the Director and the other necessary permits.
    (1985 Code, Art. 19, § 2-106)

§ 14-2-107. Horses.
    A person may not ride, walk, or otherwise have a horse on park grounds except on bridle paths
    designated for that purpose by the Director.
    I can carry in AACO park just can't discharge it to defend myself?:facepalm:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I can't carry in Harford County Parks, but another person I saw was, guy could not afford a holster and waistband carrying, a lot of that in Edgewood. ;)

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I can't carry in Harford County Parks, but another person I saw was, guy could not afford a holster and waistband carrying, a lot of that in Edgewood. ;)
    With all the unused holsters in drawers and boxes in closets we should get a drive started to help the less fortunate. Giving is caring.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    With all the unused holsters in drawers and boxes in closets we should get a drive started to help the less fortunate. Giving is caring.
    No kidding. There should be large MD Shooters boxes of unloved "tried it, what a POS" holsters regionally (because across the state all of us have experienced the disappointment of poor impulse control so we could easily supply holsters dumps across this mighty land) available for others to avoid the sadness of wasted money.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    No kidding. There should be large MD Shooters boxes of unloved "tried it, what a POS" holsters regionally (because across the state all of us have experienced the disappointment of poor impulse control so we could easily supply holsters dumps across this mighty land) available for others to avoid the sadness of wasted money.
    I have one that I consider a torture device and would only give to someone I hated. Vedder Rapid tuck with non premium leather backing, while it is leather is as flexible as cardboard and as smooth as 60 grit sandpaper and that is with an undershirt between the holseter and the body. After 1 day of carrying with it my side felt like I had a sunburn from hell.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    By statutory definition in MD a handgun is not a weapon

Just sayin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is Maryland code. You’d have to read county ordinance for their definition. Howard county at least classifies all firearms as weapons. No exceptions.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    As an interesting side note, not specific to parks, Sykesville prohibits “concealed carry” of firearms. No references about permits. So, it would seem they are requiring open carry.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As an interesting side note, not specific to parks, Sykesville prohibits “concealed carry” of firearms. No references about permits. So, it would seem they are requiring open carry.

Prohibiting CC would put them in violation of 4-209 IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom