• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Are you talking about the Royal Farms that is now being remodeled on 222 & 40? I don't go there often, maybe stop in to grab a coffee in the a.m. sometimes but I haven't ever been bothered, maybe lucky. I can say the North East Wal*Mart is usually pretty bad with beggers, both the homeless lakeside trailer types and the organized boyscouts / vet groups / salvation army etc. Just to clarify, I'm not against giving to charities especially the vets. My whole family has served in one way or another, but most of those groups take a lot (sometimes 50+%) of administrative $$$ out. I only give to organizations that take 10% or less.

no the one on the corner of 40 and 213

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    We stopped at a Wawa in North East on the way back last time walking at our land we are buying, and 1) I looked like white trash LOL so I guess I blended in, and 2) had my usual swivel-head cond yellow. But it didn't seem any different than Shrewsbury PA. But at least you can carry in PA...

Reliableauto

Dec 4, 2013
    the royal farms at 213 and 40 is a drug dealer hangout, the state troopers do go in and run them out sometimes but royal farms does nothing to stop them. the highs on 40 is another place they meet to do their drug deals but at least they will try and run them off. wawa is the best place to stop, they seem to try and keep them out and the police tend to be around them more. its sad to see how many young people throw their lives away on drugs

cdriver24

Jan 10, 2013
    Elkton
    All the BS going on around North East and Elkton not really liking what is going on. Seems like the powers that be do not want to clean up this mess. They should start by getting rid of all the homeless people and sending all these drug people to prison and throw away the key. If we are not careful this place will end up just like Baltimore leading the nightly news with drugs, shootings and killings. But god forbid I want to get a CCW. All the goings on in the area and that is not enough justification for me to be able to protect my wife and me.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    All the BS going on around North East and Elkton not really liking what is going on. Seems like the powers that be do not want to clean up this mess. They should start by getting rid of all the homeless people and sending all these drug people to prison and throw away the key. If we are not careful this place will end up just like Baltimore leading the nightly news with drugs, shootings and killings. But god forbid I want to get a CCW. All the goings on in the area and that is not enough justification for me to be able to protect my wife and me.

It's ridiculous. If there is a shooting within 5 miles of your permanent residence that should be instant justification for a CCW permit.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just read tonight that a stabbed his Mom to death at 5am then sold her truck to a scrap yard. Trailer park on route 7 up by the dump, a swift moving wildfire in that area would be a blessing to society.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Just read tonight that a stabbed his Mom to death at 5am then sold her truck to a scrap yard. Trailer park on route 7 up by the dump, a swift moving wildfire in that area would be a blessing to society.

being that we are between B'more and Philly it is bound to get worse.
    Look what is going on in Winding Brook another shooting Saturday night .

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    being that we are between B'more and Philly it is bound to get worse.
    Look what is going on in Winding Brook another shooting Saturday night .

Lakeside, someone was beaten with a bat while trying to solicit a prostitute. Guy who beat him,......was out on bond for beating someone with a baseball bat. (can't make this schit up)

For folks not from up this way, this all took place about 300 yards from the North East MSP barracks.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Lakeside, someone was beaten with a bat while trying to solicit a prostitute. Guy who beat him,......was out on bond for beating someone with a baseball bat. (can't make this schit up)

For folks not from up this way, this all took place about 300 yards from the North East MSP barracks.

I bought a boat trailer from a guy in lakeside years ago . When I called him he said let me give ya directions I said no I got a GPS . He said you follow that and you might not make it . it reminded me of zombies glad I left the wife home lol

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Oh yeah, guy found stabbed sitting in a parked car up on Elkton/Newark Rd over the weekend. And someone robbed The PNC on North St. at knifepoint today.

Lovely place to call home!

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Right the "police" are going to protect us...:rolleyes:

We have a right to protect ourselves wtf !!!

_JT_

Jan 30, 2009
    Cecil County
    Right the "police" are going to protect us...:rolleyes:

We have a right to protect ourselves wtf !!!

If 3/4's of Lakeside were carpet bombed, the county would be in a better place. Where is Wilson Goode when you need him.

I've heard from a NE PO as well as MSP guys that they just don't know where to start. At this point its just an attempt to stop the bleeding, but at some point a surgical strike is needed.
    I know the officers are trying, but I have to say when you see the same pillheads and dopers walking around like zombies day in day out, something needs to be done.

As others have said, Walmart and that shopping center in general is like entering beiruit. You do have to constantly have your head on a swivel, and I wont let the wife go there when its dark out.

The county has a drug problem, and it has for a long time. Its just gotten to the point that the officers can't spend all day locking these people up. The study the county commissioned was a total waste, you need a true rehab center. Not these methodone clinics that you see popping up all over. Hell, I went to Elkton to get the dog cleaned at Suttons old place and was appalled when leaving the place, I walk out and there are 15 zombies walking around. One guy has a daughter in a stroller, and he can barely stand up to get into the office next to Pampered Pets. I'm guessing its another "wellness" clinic.

Just drive around Elkton/North East and you'll see the "walkers".

cdriver24

Jan 10, 2013
    Elkton
    What do you have to do to actually get a CCW in this state. I am not a person who is afraid of anything but why should I not be able to protect myself if the need arises. When I moved here 3 years ago because of BRAC I thought it was a nice place. It still is for the most part. It reminds me of NYC in the 60's-90's until Mayor Giuliani took over and really dealt crime a severe blow. All you need is someone with the stones to tune out the liberals and get some stuff done. The same needs to be done in Cecil Co.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    What does Del Mike have to say about all of this mess? It's "his" county. But I guess he has to get the Owe'malley Regime behind him to get anything done, and they seem to not like him since he is for guns rights and all...

Druggies and drunks galore here in HDG too. Drunk guy living on his sailboat, his druggie/drinking pal up the street, an ex crackhead next door, drunkard woman who was a favorite waitress at a local restaurant had to be fired due to her alcohol problem getting worst, buttloads of drunks at night at all the bars/pubs... I wish I could freaking carry here! ( maybe the big eastern wolf/coyotes will come in and eat them all LOL- hey coyotes, the drunks and druggies, they are actually kitty cats!)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    What does Del Mike have to say about all of this mess?

Not much from what I hear. He's being sued by the County for ~$42K for starting a lawsuit and then not performing due diligence (or whatever). Something to do with Terry Moore getting elected then changing parties.

In other news, a convicted child molester has violated another innocent child. I'm sure they'll really throw the book at him this time, probably get a whole year or two in jail. :mad54:

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_75dbb3d2-dfdf-5579-9555-c1334783d27f.html

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Not much from what I hear. He's being sued by the County for ~$42K for starting a lawsuit and then not performing due diligence (or whatever). Something to do with Terry Moore getting elected then changing parties.

In other news, a convicted child molester has violated another innocent child. I'm sure they'll really throw the book at him this time, probably get a whole year or two in jail. :mad54:

http://www.cecildaily.com/news/local_news/article_75dbb3d2-dfdf-5579-9555-c1334783d27f.html

Yeah, with nothing but plea bargains and suspended sentences.

MAKE THE PUNISHMENT FEARED!! I'm really tired of our spineless prosecutors and judges.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    MAKE THE PUNISHMENT FEARED!! I'm really tired of our spineless prosecutors and judges.

I can recount stories of a local guy who is a two time offender, last time he was caught he had been molesting a set of siblings, telling one of them he'd kill the other if they told.

Lots of people know who I'm referring to. Sucks for his kids, some of them are decent people and have been shamed by his disgusting actions.

Got a slap on the wrist the first time (~20 years ago), went right back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom