• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    Some of you may have heard my radio ad on WXCY recently. That ad is not the original ad that aired. The original ad ran a handful of times and then was pulled from the air. What great crime was committed to get it pulled you ask? Only that I stood up for and what I believe.

Listen to the ad here and left me know your thoughts.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    John--
    What's the station contact info, with names if possible. We should ALL be calling the station and asking "Where did John's cool ad go? I really liked it and wish it would come back." May not accomplish much other than letting them know what their "listeners" are thinking.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    John--
    What's the station contact info, with names if possible. We should ALL be calling the station and asking "Where did John's cool ad go? I really liked it and wish it would come back." May not accomplish much other than letting them know what their "listeners" are thinking.
    I like the ad

If the terms and conditions said no political statements though. That's why I asked

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    Did they have rules against political ads?

At first they said it was good to go. After a few airings they pulled it I believe due to receiving some complaints.

I understand the "its their station so their rules" argument but they play political ads and politically charged songs so why did my ad get the axe?

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    At first they said it was good to go. After a few airings they pulled it I believe due to receiving some complaints.

I understand the "its their station so their rules" argument but they play political ads and politically charged songs so why did my ad get the axe?

Sounds very much like a legitimate infringement of your 1st Amendment rights, and breech of contract.

The agreed to the ad, money changed hands, and then they changed their minds.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Sounds ok to me, but I'm sure someone was butthurt over the ridin with Biden comment, which by the way I'm completely ok if they just wanna keep right on ridin by !

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009

Sounds very much like a legitimate infringement of your 1st Amendment rights,
    You have no first amendment rights with a private company.

But it is total BS after accepting money for the ad then editing it. They have a disclaimer they play occasionally that says the contents of ads are not necessarily the views and opinions of the station.

Nobody

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

If they said it was good then caved to complaints then that's bad business and you're justified in blasting them

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    10000 members + here, be a shame is someone called and complained about this and everything else......just sayin

There number may or may not be
    8six six 66four 103seven

Nobody

Sirex