• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    I’m curious if justice Alito sees this case as a quick opportunity to affirm the 5th ruling in its entirety or advise the lower courts and keep the guardrails up preventing other pending cases from receiving a distorted form of THT from a lower court looking to play games with similar details

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Would be nice if the USSC could codify a firearm by getting rid of the "readily converted" part.

i.e., if you can't just assemble, load, and cock it, it ain't a firearm.

I'd think Alito will/does confir with All justices- And will confirm what at least 5 advise/consent on postion.

We alread y know. this is no go: Government position.
    The recent explosion in the availability and use of ghost guns is a grave threat to public safety: Ghost guns provide an attractive and all-too easy way for felons, minors, and others who are prohibited from purchasing firearms to evade the background-check requirement that would otherwise prevent them from easily obtaining firearms.
    My opinion is formed much by this. Yea, I could be wrong too.

from page 13.
    At issue in Defense Distributed and SAF’s Count Two is the Agencies’ procedural failure to consider the historical factors and data that Bruen deems relevant—a process-based APA illegality that warrants setting the Final Rule aside regardless of how outcome-based claims turn out.4

The final considerations of equities and the public interest favor immediate relief. For just as the district court recognized, the “public interest is served when administrative agencies comply with their obligations under the APA.” Doc. 56 at 21. There is no harm in simply maintaining, pending appeal, a status quo which has existed for decades.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I always wondered why 81% was a firearm and 80% wasn't.

Now there is a 21 min time to complete required? Based on what tool set? A 8 axis cnc pre-programmed by a 40 year experienced machinist? Or a diy newbee 21 yearold with a dremel and a 6pack?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I always wondered why 81% was a firearm and 80% wasn't.

Now there is a 21 min time to complete required? Based on what tool set? A 8 axis cnc pre-programmed by a 40 year experienced machinist? Or a diy newbee 21 yearold with a dremel and a 6pack?
    There is NO Way- A 80% metal lower for AR can be drilled and machined trigger housing. IN 20 MINUTES OR 30 MINITES!
    More like several hours.
    AND there is NO Way a Poly 80 can one person drill out pin holes or fit both slide "locking blocks"
    and trigger kit. In 20 MINUTES or
    30 MINUNTES.
    Those are not competent Nor experienced assembly persons.

23.-Complete-Polymer80-Parts-1024x774.jpg

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is NO Way- A 80% metal lower for AR can be drilled and machined trigger housing. IN 20 MINUTES OR 30 MINITES!
    More like several hours.
    AND there is NO Way a Poly 80 can one person drill out pin holes or fit both slide "locking blocks"
    and trigger kit. In 20 MINUTES or
    30 MINUNTES.
    Those are not competent Nor experienced assembly persons.

23.-Complete-Polymer80-Parts-1024x774.jpg
    I can do an AR lower in about 30 minutes. 5D Tactical Pro and DeWalt handheld router.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    90-120 minutes, if I have to assemble the upper from parts. 45 minutes if I have a complete upper to slap on.
    The ATF claims 21 minutes so it looks like you need more practice. Practice makes perfect!

Here is my latest link to motivate people to practice because I know these guys practice a lot:
    My favorites are the motorized ladder starting at 7:00
    And the hose lay at 22:36

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The ATF claims 21 minutes so it looks like you need more practice. Practice makes perfect!

Here is my latest link to motivate people to practice because I know these guys practice a lot:
    My favorites are the motorized ladder starting at 7:00
    And the hose lay at 22:36

Lol. I won’t say how many I have done. It’s well above average. 21 minutes is just stupid.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    90-120 minutes, if I have to assemble the upper from parts. 45 minutes if I have a complete upper to slap on.
    Does this include running about looking for the parts or do you get those together first? :D

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I want the ATF to build one, in 21 minutes. Then shoot it without doing anything else other than inserting a fully loaded clip (for the federal guys here) and then pull the trigger until the standard magazine ( clip. again for the fed) is emptied.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I want the ATF to build one, in 21 minutes. Then shoot it without doing anything else other than inserting a fully loaded clip (for the federal guys here) and then pull the trigger until the standard magazine ( clip. again for the fed) is emptied.
    I want to see this too. It’s not possible with an AR. MAYBE with a Polymer80 Glock with a pre-assembled slide assembly.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    They'll spend three days hitting with a hammer, using an end mill to drill holes, and in the end manually demonstrate its a machine gun... AFT wouldn't do that, would it? And manage to convince a jury that its a machine gun...

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I want to see this too. It’s not possible with an AR. MAYBE with a Polymer80 Glock with a pre-assembled slide assembly.
    If you want it to function, at least 40 minutes to do using a fully assembled slide, assuming you have decent mechanical skills, and all internal parts are Glock OEM. Aftermarket parts often lead to issues that require some tinkering before a build will function reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom