• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    Question for the experienced pickers out there ...

What are the chances, if I go to the show in Chantilly on Feb 8-9, that I will walk out with a case or two of small pistol primers ?

Never been to a gun show so I dont know what to expect.

Since its 'out-of-state' ... what if I was looking for an unregulated rifle? Is that a cash-BGcheck-and-go situation or do I need to chum a local FFL?

Do they typically have cases of ammo for sale?

How have the larger shows since Oct been stocked for ammo, reloading supplies, mags?

Thanks for the experience out there ... us newbs appreciate it ...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Question for the experienced pickers out there ...

What are the chances, if I go to the show in Chantilly on Feb 8-9, that I will walk out with a case or two of small pistol primers ?
    Depends how much you want to pay
    Never been to a gun show so I dont know what to expect.
    Get there early to get in line
    Since its 'out-of-state' ... what if I was looking for an unregulated rifle? Is that a cash-BGcheck-and-go situation or do I need to chum a local FFL?
    Unreg- Cash and Carry, just do a 4473 form/NICS call. Reg-must go to a Md FFL.
    Do they typically have cases of ammo for sale?
    Yes. Again, get there early and expect to pay a premium. There will be people buying by the handtruck load
    How have the larger shows since Oct been stocked for ammo, reloading supplies, mags?
    Again, it'll be there, but prices will be marked up
    Thanks for the experience out there ... us newbs appreciate it ...

I think I covered everything. Anything AR/AK/or Glock will be pricy. Should be deals to be had on C&R stuff though.

Good advice, -Z28-. I've been halfway tempted to go to Chantilly myself, even though it'll be a madhouse. I heard that at the last one, prices were actually down on some of the stuff I buy, and I'm always on the lookout for old Smiths, and some Mini-14 mags, for that matter. Guess I'll take my handtruck with me if I'm going.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I dont think it will be nearly as bad as last time. Everything is calming down, the high priced AR's are no longer selling locally.

cdpuser

Dec 24, 2012
    I'd go on Friday afternoon if you have that as an option. It will be a worse madhouse than the last couple shows...

That is my plan ... go Friday afternoon, spend the night in a hotel, go on to visit grandpop in WV ... of course Ill have to frequent every gun shop in Morgantown lol ...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    what time does it open friday??

3pm i think..

op. as far as primer.. only 2 or 3 sells primers... but doubt you can buy a case..

last time i went this past dec... they were limiting on purchase (tnt that is).. 1k per customer.. of different size.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    If you renew your NRA membership for $25 or $30 at the NRA tables on either side of the main entrance you can get in for free, get a free NRA hat, and bypass the lines which will be very long. If you need something that will likely sell out fast, go there on Friday.

if I'm just looking for Mak ammo and possibly a good deal on an HD shotgun, is it worth going to the show? I'm going out to Charlottesville President's day weekend so is it worth it just to visit a VA gun shop that weekend or should I force the trip to the Gun Show? Online purchases are not an option where I live.

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    I may go to try and unload a few new Blue pmags I have been sitting on for a year! what time did people go on sat to the last show down there? I imagine ill need to get there around 7:30ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom