• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I’m surprised they’ve stuck around this long, with Mission BBQ basically right across the street.
    When I mentioned this to my wife about them closing, she said that Mission probably put them out of business. Mission is very well run and I have no complaints about them at all. We go there at least once a month because we can’t have seafood in the house (wife’s allergies) and they have a great salmon fillet at a much more reasonable price than usual sit down restaurants.

Having said that, I hate to see businesses go under. The restaurant business is a tough one.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    If you’re not in the parking lot of the Gold Club you’re not at Chaps. The original is still going strong and good as always.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    who goes to mission when black hog is better. I'm in rockville and will make a trip out to nova for famous daves or black hog before i go down the street to mission

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I hit the one in GB once in awhile, every so often it is closed. I'm sure it's staffing issues. Was there Monday, 3 people behind counter, an easy dozen or more in dining area. After I ordered, noticed just about everyone only had their drinks... Shorthanded... Yep, everyone waited ~ 1/2 hour for their order... Some bozo wanders/shuffles in (obviously an employee) bag o' crap in hand, headphones on... In no urgency. I hear all in back yell at said shuffler "You're late" I said loudy enough, "Obviously, you couldn't tell by the way he came in??!" Several other patrons laughed....

Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I hit the one in GB once in awhile, every so often it is closed. I'm sure it's staffing issues. Was there Monday, 3 people behind counter, an easy dozen or more in dining area. After I ordered, noticed just about everyone only had their drinks... Shorthanded... Yep, everyone waited ~ 1/2 hour for their order... Some bozo wanders/shiffles in (obviously an employee) bag o' crap in hand, headphones on... In no urgency. I hear all in back yell at said shuffler "You're late" I said loudy enough, "Obviously, you couldn't tell by the way he came in??!" Several other patrons laughed....
    Cruise down to Mountain Road just east of Jumpers Hole Road to Beefalo Bob's. You'll never even think about Chaps when in Glen Burnie again.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    Cruise down to Mountain Road just east of Jumpers Hole Road to Beefalo Bob's. You'll never even think about Chaps when in Glen Burnie again.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
    I do hit there once in a while too. I miss the old, original canopy too. I used to know the original owners. Never got anything decent after they sold out and the other locations started to close. Even the remaining one in EC wasn't that great the handful of times I've hit it... I'm not on other side of town enough to warrant tolls to hit the original Chaps...

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    There is a good pit beef place on Belair Road between Perry Hall and Kingsville that I have had good sandwiches at. I forget the name though.
    Probably Fast Eddie's, in Fallston? (Shares the parking lot with Top Gun Firearms)

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Pit beef between Perry Hall and Kingsville on Route 1? No clue, only place I been to there is the Gunpowder Lodge

Big Falls Inn on Route 7?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I liked the Chaps. Mission is just so-so for me. BBQ is easy to make and if I'm paying for it it better be DAMN good. So I always went to Chaps when I was over there (usually coming back from a hunt when I was cold, wet, hungry, and thirsty). I'll miss it, even though I only went 2-3 times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom