• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Never mind CCW, this also applies to hunters/target shooters like me. I live in CC, on the St marys side of Rt6. I drive Rt6 to get to my hunting property on the Nanjemoy side of Rt6. On that route, I probably pass 20 county owned/operated buildings. There is a county building on Every major road in the county. I've been trying to figure out how I can get from 1 side of the county to the other without passing said building. I have failed at this so far.
    I will be at this meeting. :mad54:
    Good question, rte 6 is riddled with landmines, 225 has the county wastewater facility, 224 has Lackey high school, 425 has Mt.Hope elementary. So, BelAlton Newtown to Chapel Point to 6 to Rose Hill to 225 to Ripley to Annapolis Woods to 6

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Good question, rte 6 is riddled with landmines, 225 has the county wastewater facility, 224 has Lackey high school, 425 has Mt.Hope elementary. So, BelAlton Newtown to Chapel Point to 6 to Rose Hill to 225 to Ripley to Annapolis Woods to 6
    My normal route is about 22.5 mi. If I take your route, it is 31 mi.

Here is a better example. My parents live off of Bel Alton Newtown Road. On their street there is a county owned/operated well, and well house. Their street is a dead end, and there is no way for them to leave their home without passing within 15 yds of the well house.

I dunno how anyone can be okay with this. :mad54:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    With this law, wouldn’t it go against the 14 amendment? I would think it does since it takes our right to exercises our 2nd amendment rights but it leave the elected officials free to exercise theirs.
    this law will also make us choose between our right to free movement or exercise our right to bear arms.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    With this law, wouldn’t it go against the 14 amendment? I would think it does since it takes our right to exercises our 2nd amendment rights but it leave the elected officials free to exercise theirs.
    this law will also make us choose between our right to free movement or exercise our right to bear arms.
    Yes and no. No, not really against the rest of the 14th, but yes in that the 14th applies all of them to the states and localities.

But yes to the 2nd.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    My normal route is about 22.5 mi. If I take your route, it is 31 mi.

Here is a better example. My parents live off of Bel Alton Newtown Road. On their street there is a county owned/operated well, and well house. Their street is a dead end, and there is no way for them to leave their home without passing within 15 yds of the well house.

I dunno how anyone can be okay with this. :mad54:
    You cant enter or leave Indian Head without passing Gen Smallwood school. All 4 lanes of 210 would be within 100 yards and going through Pot Heights have the same restriction. Maybe if you use Old Indian Head rd.….

Last edited:

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    Exactly what Ive been thinking about, the right to free movement surely cant include making miles long detours to evade red zones, gun safe zones or w/e other label they choose

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    There are hundreds of homes that will be impacted, correct? You have a firearm locked in your safe and you are a felon?

What existing or proposed language excludes LEOs from this, or are they now prohibited?

You drive through the town of Laplata and you are within 100 of the courthouse and the library.

What about impacted businesses? The church, Martins, the music store, Bank of America, etc., etc.

Randyinsomd

Aug 22, 2022
    Waldorf
    they are dancing around the subject and basically refusing to answer in a reasonable time frame so people could be well informed.
    Of course they are. They’re trying to make you a felon without even leaving your house as we have discussed here and facebook.

OMD6dawg

Never mind CCW, this also applies to hunters/target shooters like me. I live in CC, on the St marys side of Rt6. I drive Rt6 to get to my hunting property on the Nanjemoy side of Rt6. On that route, I probably pass 20 county owned/operated buildings. There is a county building on Every major road in the county. I've been trying to figure out how I can get from 1 side of the county to the other without passing said building. I have failed at this so far.
    I will be at this meeting. :mad54:
    I may be slightly incorrect, but I was under the impression that most, if not all, apartments in Charles County are also owned by the County. If so, there’s going to be a lot of criminals made if all of that passes.

Randyinsomd

Aug 22, 2022
    Waldorf
    I may be slightly incorrect, but I was under the impression that most, if not all, apartments in Charles County are also owned by the County. If so, there’s going to be a lot of criminals made if all of that passes.
    Unless a lot has changed, most of the apartments in waldorf are owned by on big management company. It has changed names many times over my 30 plus years living here.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just saw a link where they want to change the 100 yard border down to 100 foot, They still want to make themself exempt from their own laws. While this is a little better but it is still not good enough. They still do not define what county buildings will be affected, so in my case the county well/ pump house would make it illegal for me to out in my back yard with a gun in my truck to load my hunting equipment or unload a deer and same with my neighbors. Please go to the county page and leave a message telling them they need to stop pushing 2022-14 because it is bad all together. And if they feel they have to do something then just limit it to just inside the county office building or with-in the offices space the county rents.
    https://www.charlescountymd.gov/Home/Components/News/News/4408/400

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom