• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    I believe that people can charge whatever they want for their products, and we as consumers are free to purchase or decline.

I declined to pay 500 bucks for a no name complete lower receiver. Their prices in general are outrageous.

I took my business elsewhere

:party29:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I believe that people can charge whatever they want for their products, and we as consumers are free to purchase or decline.

I declined to pay 500 bucks for a no name complete lower receiver. Their prices in general are outrageous.

$500 complete meaning assembled with LPK and stock/ buffer setup? That's about right for the new normal. The stockpiling began on Friday afternoon.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC

Crazy. Yet I caught crap on here for not putting a crazy number in my hbar. I see 2000+ all over here and other places. Go bass pro lol if ur a lucky 70

hammycrumb

Nov 2, 2011
    Queen Anne county
    Albrights? Sounds like I need to scope them out.. What do they specialize in? Do they have any reloading equipment? Thanks for any input.. Thats a bummer on Chesapeake Guns, I purchased there before but haven't experience a gouge like that.. DAm!

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I had a quick visit there myself. Wasnt there long at all. Prices where crazy and the help was not real pleasant. I will have to check out Albrights myself.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Chesapeake Guns and Albrights are like apples & oranges, Larry caters to the high end double gun crowd although does carry variety of other guns too. So it seems Chesapeake seeing much more traffic since they moved now as far as prices, agree they have joined the supply and demand panic sweeping the Country. I have seen worse prices else where too but what's missing is both these stores are what some would call the "little guy" as compared to big box store like Bass Pro. Is their a difference is "buying Power" absolutely, many distributors/manufactures have many programs/discounts for volume so many small shops just unable to take advantage of these deals like BP. Sure BP has deals from time to time, small quantity too, get ya in the store, but not the savings I or we hope for neither so do they pass on the savings, I'm still looking.

I bought some powder from Chesapeake, they had it, BP didn't but it was cheaper than BP too plus other ammo offered by big box stores at competitive prices. They have a nice shop, good use of square footage and nice people over some I've dealt with @ BP. We need these "Little guys" dotting the landscape so for me maybe too early to sell them short, just say'n

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Albrights? Sounds like I need to scope them out.. What do they specialize in? Do they have any reloading equipment? Thanks for any input.. Thats a bummer on Chesapeake Guns, I purchased there before but haven't experience a gouge like that.. DAm!

I can't really say what Albrights "specializes in" but it's just a real nice well stocked shop. I believe they have a gunsmith there. Good selection and the folks that work there are real friendly. None of that condenscending business you get at some shops. They are right in the heart of Easton historic district which is a great part of town. Nice area to walk around in, grab lunch, whatever. I recommend Washington Street Pub for food and/or drink. Folks that only know Easton from Rt 50 have no idea what they are missing

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Albrights is a great shop!!! Larry is a great guy. Alex is an acomplished gunsmith.
    The shop is neat, clean, and well organized. all around a good store to visit.

I've purchased many a weapon from Mark & Mona over at CG and have never had an issue with pricing. They have always been fair, and will work with you as well.

We forget, this state is hideously expensive to operate in, and as such the smaller businesses may be more expensive. I'm okay with that. I'll gladly pay a little extra to fund a local business than blow my money on ebay or wesellcheapgunsstuff.com or at big box stores like Bass Pro or Cabellas. And CG knows far more about their products than the pimply faced kid behind the counter at BP.

Don't sell them (Chesapeake Guns) short just yet. As mentioned, we NEED the smaller shops in our state.

hammycrumb

Nov 2, 2011
    Queen Anne county
    Sounds good, And I do agree with shopping at the local gun shop as apposed to the big box stores. If I have some free time in the next couple of weeks i'll stop by..

Warhorse

Aug 20, 2008
    Centreville, MD
    Several years ago, I bought my first pair of SAA revolvers from Mark & Mona at Chesapeake Guns. It was a pleasant experience since then I have always had a pleasant chat, especially with Mona, if they don't happen to be swamped at the time I drop in. Since then, I have bought more artillery, notably a '92 lever action and a '97 pump shotgun.

Are they the cheapest providers? No, but they have always been quite nice to me and on one occasion told me that they could not match the price I could get elsewhere but appreciated my giving them a shot at it, so to speak. We parted on good terms and, yes, I have been back since.

Having said that, I do think that, for some reason, they do not want to be bothered with handling FFL transfers if they do not sell the gun itself. I say that solely based on the high price that they ask for such a transfer. Personally, I think that is a mistake but that's their business, not mine.

YMMV.

Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    Don't sell them (Chesapeake Guns) short just yet. As mentioned, we NEED the smaller shops in our state.

While I respect your opinion, there are PLENTY of smaller shops in our state whom are much friendlier and willing to work with you. The several times I have gone there I always have left empty handed and with a poor opinion of those I have dealt with.

To each his own.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I've only been to Chesapeake Guns a couple times and they were good to me. I'll never set foot in Albright's again, stopped in there about a year ago, the prices were high and the owner pissed me off to the point where I had to walk out before I said something to get thrown out. I was checking out the revolvers and he had a rifle on a towel on top of the case, he was just sitting right there behind it and he ignored my presence completely although he could see I was struggling to get a view of the merchandise. A moment later a clean cut older gentleman walked up to the counter and the owner immediately jumped out of his chair and said "let me move that for you" as he moved the rifle and towel out of the way.

I'm 31 and look low 20's, I dont dress up and I dont look like I have money but I was ready to buy and was shopping around for the best service not the best price. Best service I've ever gotten was at Mid-County. Those guys were great.

Skip Albright's and go to Mid-County unless you're 50+ and appear wealthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom