• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steve_b_of_3

Apr 22, 2012
    Middle River
    Im new here so take it easy on me. I have a chiappa m4 22 rimfire that I purchased new about a month ago. First I went thru about 300 rounds of cci bullets and everything was great. I then purchased federal buck ammo from Walmart and started getting jams and feeding ejecting issues. I went back to the first bullets the cci and Im still having issues. The first 2 or 3 shots go fine then it jams. Any one else have this issue?

Steve

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Welcome. How many magazines do you have and is the problem consistant across all of them?

steve_b_of_3

Apr 22, 2012
    Middle River
    I only have the one mag. I took the gun back to the dealer and they are sending it back to the manufactor. The gun shop said it looks like the jamming and not ejecting is due to the end on the barrel but the battery being out of tolerance. this is holding the shells up. So hopefully in 2 to 3 weeks I will get it back and try again. while waiting for that I bought my son a mossberg .22 plinkster to shoot at the range with me. Hope that one holds up, I know my 500 does.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I only have the one mag. I took the gun back to the dealer and they are sending it back to the manufactor. The gun shop said it looks like the jamming and not ejecting is due to the end on the barrel but the battery being out of tolerance. this is holding the shells up. So hopefully in 2 to 3 weeks I will get it back and try again. while waiting for that I bought my son a mossberg .22 plinkster to shoot at the range with me. Hope that one holds up, I know my 500 does.

Chamber?

Some rimfires will have their chambers damaged by dry firing. (The firing pin will peen the metal into the chamber opening if no case rim is present.)

Sorry, not familiar with your particular model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom