• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    My daily walk typically includes that stretch of Connecticut Avenue and I go to the Safeway on that block often. At 7:10 AM on a weekday the commuter traffic flow into DC has already started so there must have been plenty of witnesses. Maybe that's why they were rushed and left without taking the car or cell phone. Yeh she's lucky it didn't turn out worse for her.

Saw this posted on Nextdoor and lots of hand wringing about this happening in Chevy Chase. DC still gonna be DC, I doubt the city's catch and release approach to prosecuting crime will change any time soon.
    It's still not bad enough to change how they vote.

They're part of the reason I carry and I specifically tell them that it's not bad enough for them yet if it comes up in polite conversation.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    They will get bigger “Don’t burn my house down” (BLM) signs in their yards.
    Haha. Hopefully they have pictures as well for the illiterate.

You just have to put the question to them:

"What would it take for you to say that the Woke movement has gone too far?"

Then just wait for the answer.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    My daily walk typically includes that stretch of Connecticut Avenue and I go to the Safeway on that block often. At 7:10 AM on a weekday the commuter traffic flow into DC has already started so there must have been plenty of witnesses. Maybe that's why they were rushed and left without taking the car or cell phone. Yeh she's lucky it didn't turn out worse for her.

Saw this posted on Nextdoor and lots of hand wringing about this happening in Chevy Chase. DC still gonna be DC, I doubt the city's catch and release approach to prosecuting crime will change any time soon.

This whole part of Connecticut Ave from UDC up to the circle has been seeing a lot of crazy stuff lately. I believe there was a successful carjacking a little while ago at the Starbucks -- not to mention an armed robbery at the Exxon at CT and Nebraska, a woman robbed at gunpoint in front of the nursing home, a guy shot crossing the road last week, etc, etc.

I make sure I'm always carrying when I go to Mamma Mia's/Safeway/Bread Furst or anywhere here.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Haha. Hopefully they have pictures as well for the illiterate.

You just have to put the question to them:

"What would it take for you to say that the Woke movement has gone too far?"

Then just wait for the answer.
    There was a recent article about how DC lost 3 billion in tax revenue due to high earners moving out. I think PG got the brunt of the high earners with MoCo a close second.

I think fox basically copied the original wtop article but this was the easiest to copy/paste

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    There was a recent article about how DC lost 3 billion in tax revenue due to high earners moving out. I think PG got the brunt of the high earners with MoCo a close second.

I think fox basically copied the original wtop article but this was the easiest to copy/paste
    I used to (20 years ago) spend a lot of time doing "tourist things" in DC,, Museums, etc.
    I curbed it back 10 years ago,, and when Mayor BowBow painted the communist BLM flag on the street, I have not set foot back in that $hit hole.

No way in hell I will send a penny to a city that supports a marxist, anti American organization such as BLM

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Why?

Identify the perpetrator, arrest him, just to see him back on the street via no cash bail, and no conviction due to weak jury.

"we're doing something" (that won't make a difference)

"We're identifying criminals" (actually controlling the weak, law-abiding producers).
    Why? You ask.
    I'll bet those camera companies pay "incentives" to those fine upstanding politicians that make sure they get the contract

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Also:

The District’s authorities say that a relatively small number of perpetrators is responsible for a disproportionate share of the city’s recent surge in violent crime. In a Thursday interview with us, acting chief of the D.C. police department Pamela A. Smith noted that, when one or two suspects are caught for armed carjacking, investigators routinely find evidence that they were linked to as many as 13 or 14 previous such offenses.

Figures.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So now it's untrimmed bushes and high grass causing crime now

Maintaining Parks and woodlands is a Good Thing . At least a degree of Broken Windows , Conservation , public recreation . A Win - Win - Win .

But a new Agency ? They already have a Parks & Rec department , and a Dept of Public Works . Maybe a higher up in DC Gov't needs to pay attention , and make them cooperate better . But between the two they should have everything covered , with a 50% overlap.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The District’s authorities say that a relatively small number of perpetrators is responsible for a disproportionate share of the city’s recent surge in violent crime. In a Thursday interview with us, acting chief of the D.C. police department Pamela A. Smith noted that, when one or two suspects are caught for armed carjacking, investigators routinely find evidence that they were linked to as many as 13 or 14 previous such offenses.
    Begs the question of why they're roaming the streets after over a dozen previous incidents.

At least the DC Govt is considering preventing unkempt park/weed violence. A step in the right direction.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Maintaining Parks and woodlands is a Good Thing . At least a degree of Broken Windows , Conservation , public recreation . A Win - Win - Win .

But a new Agency ? They already have a Parks & Rec department , and a Dept of Public Works . Maybe a higher up in DC Gov't needs to pay attention , and make them cooperate better . But between the two they should have everything covered , with a 50% overlap.

One can dream:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Begs the question of why they're roaming the streets after over a dozen previous incidents.

At least the DC Govt is considering preventing unkempt park/weed violence. A step in the right direction.
    Because it's what DC voters voted for.

I'm looking forward to seeing fewer weeds in the parks myself.

Remember: Failure to preserve the environment can drive unstable people to ultra-violence, so it's a good thing DC Gov is doing this to address the rampant crime:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Congratulations:

According to data from the city's police department, homicides are up 28 percent in the District this year compared to the same time last year. Robberies are up 65 percent, motor vehicle thefts are up 106 percent, and total violent crime is up 37 percent in that same time frame.

Get the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) on that right away....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom