• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Chief Contee doubles down on DEI while department continues to shrink, while celebrating the increase in female officers; reformists still pushing for fewer police; one sentence mentions Conservative viewpoint, followed with the "buts"; ACLU spokesperson "argued that expanding the number of police risks “destabilizing communities, doubling down on mass incarceration, and perpetuating systemic racism and trauma.”

Good effing luck, morons. Keep on killing each other, while going after the well-to-do. Let's opt for the South Africa Solution in DC.

I love it when someone says systemic racism, because what it means is that they can’t actually provide you any specific evidence of it.

It’s circular logic, protected by a Kafka trap: protestations of innocence are treated as proof of guilt. This means that systemic racism is subject to no falsification.

And that's the whole idea. It’s a fundamentalist religious belief. It espouses original sin, with its own saints and prophets. It gives us its own malevolent god for falling short. Really though, it persecutes the non-believers in the name of a “higher good”. One is redeemed and absolved by declaring fealty and loyalty to this scheme and grift. Damnation and exile comes from denial.

What’s old is new again.

One of my favorite clips about this:

Claiming systemic racism while engaging in overt racism.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

The walk started at 16th and Good Hope Road, SE – a known open-air drug market. Missing from the block was the normal activity. Community members told WUSA9 that police cleared out the block the night before Wednesday’s walk.

Of course they did.

Helping kids and the community through traumas like that is what the organization is all about explained Smith. She says making sure that trauma doesn't lead them to pick up a gun is also a goal.

"We don't want them to feel like that's the answer," said Smith.

She told WUSA9 they plan to offer things like yoga, meditation, cooking and even barber classes at the facility.

Incredible word salad.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Something to consider during your next MD renewal?

Yeah, if I live so long.

Wait a year to take the 16 hour double course, wait six months for DC to do the paperwork, shell out several hundred dollars to exercise the "privilege" of an enumerated right. I can hardly wait.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    7nodhl.jpg

How about another public safety walk?:

EDIT: Looks like the robbery video was deleted for some reason. Here it is for people who missed it:

But wait, there’s more:

You mean “illegal” gun violence right?

Nothing of value was learned here.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    But wait, there’s more:

You mean “illegal” gun violence right?

Nothing of value was learned here.

Actually, criminal violence.

And no, nothing was learned by Rayshonna - its not her voting patterns, its those pesky (R) and their blasted clinging to guns. Only if...

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Yeah, if I live so long.

Wait a year to take the 16 hour double course, wait six months for DC to do the paperwork, shell out several hundred dollars to exercise the "privilege" of an enumerated right. I can hardly wait.
    I get it… but no time like the present!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

And no, nothing was learned by Rayshonna - it’s not her voting patterns, it’s those pesky (R) and their blasted clinging to guns. Only if...
    It doesn’t matter how bad it gets. It doesn’t matter this happened to her. She just can’t make the logical connection that she voted for this.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

And no, nothing was learned by Rayshonna - its not her voting patterns, its those pesky (R) and their blasted clinging to guns. Only if...
    exactly. Knife crime, both threat of force and violence, and actual stabbing is up too. Pretty much all violent crime has TRIPLED in last decade precisely as DC emptied its prisons and jails
    That Rayshonna Hill uses this term gun violence, as if the implement is the issue, is just completely specious.
    These "activists" can not get the fact that the DATA and SCIENCE is in, and conclusively shows that a tiny cohort of repeat criminals is responsible for the vast majority of DC violent crime.
    The data also categorically show that as DC incarceration rates increased, violent crime rates in DC went on a sustained plunge. And as incarceration rates decreased violent crime trends reversed and started climbing.

Hillary Clinton had called this small cohort committing the vast majority of crime "super predators" She was forced to reverse herself after several studies claiming thre are no such thing as "super predator."
    Now it is 2023 and if we plug in numbers of crimes and who is committing them, from last two decades the same studies that supposedly debunked "super predators" as a "myth" now show that "super predators" are in fact the problem.

https://twitter.com/RayshonnaHill

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    exactly. Knife crime, both threat of force and violence, and actual stabbing is up too. Pretty much all violent crime has TRIPLED in last decade precisely as DC emptied its prisons and jails
    That Rayshonna Hill uses this term gun violence, as if the implement is the issue, is just completely specious.
    These "activists" can not get the fact that the DATA and SCIENCE is in, and conclusively shows that a tiny cohort of repeat criminals is responsible for the vast majority of DC violent crime.
    The data also categorically show that as DC incarceration rates increased, violent crime rates in DC went on a sustained plunge. And as incarceration rates decreased violent crime trends reversed and started climbing.

Hillary Clinton had called this small cohort committing the vast majority of crime "super predators" She was forced to reverse herself after several studies claiming thre are no such thing as "super predator."
    Now it is 2023 and if we plug in numbers of crimes and who is committing them, from last two decades the same studies that supposedly debunked "super predators" as a "myth" now show that "super predators" are in fact the problem.

https://twitter.com/RayshonnaHill
    Rayshonna exhibits the typical "sunk cost" behavior:

"It's hard to acknowledge that I am now a victim of gun violence in DC where I dedicated 14 years of my career supporting youth and families toward positive exposure and opportunities."

She was fully indoctrinated into programs which didn't prevent what happened to her. She won't betray her investment in the cause or her beliefs, so she has to double down.... which she did:

"While this is an awful experience for me, I will continue to work as a public servant for DC."

Yuri Bezmenov described this mentality:

“As I mentioned before, exposure to true information does not matter anymore. A person who was demoralized is unable to assess true information. The facts tell nothing to him. Even if I shower him with information, with authentic proof, with documents, with pictures; even if I take him by force to the Soviet Union and show him [a] concentration camp, he will refuse to believe it, until he [receives] a kick in his fan-bottom. When a military boot crashes his balls then he will understand. But not before that. That’s the [tragedy] of the situation of demoralization.”

It's not about data for her. It's about emotion and emotional investment. No amount of data will overcome that.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

In fiscal year 2023, U.S. Attorney for D.C. Matthew Graves said the office prosecuted 44% of cases, a figure that reached 53% in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year that ended last month. That’s up from the 33% it prosecuted in fiscal year 2022.

In a presentation for reporters, Graves explained the 42% of cases his office does not prosecute.
    1. 18.2% are cases in which a victim does not want to assist in the prosecution. According to Graves many of those are low level cases. He offered that one such group of cases is minor domestic violence in which D.C.’s “mandatory arrest” policy mandates police arrest someone.
    2. 13.9% are cases in which there is insufficient evidence.
    3. 7.2% are not prosecuted due to prosecutorial discretion.
    4. 2.9% are declined when prosecutors determine there is an affirmative defense such as self-defense.

More police.

More arrests.

More charges.

More prison time.

That's the only way this gets fixed.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    On Thursday, a staffer for Alabama Sen. Katie Britt (R) was robbed at gunpoint with the suspect making off with her car, bag, computer, and other items.

According to WUSA 9, the female staffer was walking down the sidewalk near the 1200 block of E Street NE around 8:20 pm when a person demanded she give them her purse and keys while pointing a gun in her face.

Britt thanked the DC police for acting quickly in a statement. "We thank God that she is safe and sound after this terrifying incident, and we're grateful to the Capitol Police Department and Metropolitan Police Department officers who quickly and professionally responded to the scene," she said.

"It is infuriating and completely unacceptable that an American who is on Capitol Hill to serve her country cannot safely walk the streets of Washington, D.C. at 8:30 at night because of the out-of-control crime in this city, "Britt added about the city's crime problem. Just look at the police department’s own numbers – this year, robberies are up 68% and motor vehicle thefts are up 102%."

"Local elected officials in the District of Columbia have the responsibility not just to their citizens, but to the country, to step up and get a hold of the crime crisis ravaging the streets of our nation’s capital," she concluded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom