• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I love it when someone says systemic racism, because what it means is that they can’t actually provide you any specific evidence of it.
    I know this is an older quote, but I have come to believe that what the Democrats have done with the education system in Baltimore City is a perfect example of systemic racism.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While there may be "good" neighborhoods and "bad" neighborhoods, anything may happen at anytime, anywhere.

But what's happening currently in Shaw , and previously in Capital Hill , was having Good Neighborhood and Bad Neighborhood simultaneously in the same place .

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I know this is an older quote, but I have come to believe that what the Democrats have done with the education system in Baltimore City is a perfect example of systemic racism.
    Ding Ding. Although, my oldest daughter taught there for a year or so. It was horrible. Only a couple of her students- HS wanted to learn. The others only cared about their shoes and cell phones. Expectation levels are unfortunately so low. Where does one begin to change?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

People voted for this.

Next step is merely taking the stuff when it's sent to the checkout, and waking away with it.

California rules: keep it under $950 and you're good to go.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

People voted for this.

Rash of stolen picture frames yet ?

But seriously . For an established major chain , that's a huge change in business model . Will require significant change in staffing levels .

In addition to ticking off customers expecting the same shopping experience throughout a chain , it won't be feasible to long term hold to standardized regional/ nation pricing .

It will be path of least blow back for big corporations to just close certain stores , than catch grief about " Why are you Racist ? Why do you charge Minority Areas 15 % higher prices than " White Suburbs " ?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Next step is merely taking the stuff when it's sent to the checkout, and waking away with it.

California rules: keep it under $950 and you're good to go.
    Nah, pay first, then get the items.

Next step is bulletproof glass and revolving merchandise doors - pay first, then get your items from door. Then get robbed going out the door, but that's no longer CVS's problem.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Service Merchandise 2023 edition.
    Do you remember the Best Products stores? There were a few around Baltimore. They had the funky facades.

ZS0xMjAwLmpwZw.jpg

LTEyMDAuMi5qcGc.jpg

ZXctMTIwMC5qcGc.jpg

LmpwZw.jpg

ZS0xMjAwdy5qcGc.jpg

MTIwMC5qcGc.jpg

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Do you remember the Best Products stores? There were a few around Baltimore. They had the funky facades.

ZS0xMjAwLmpwZw.jpg

LTEyMDAuMi5qcGc.jpg

ZXctMTIwMC5qcGc.jpg

LmpwZw.jpg

ZS0xMjAwdy5qcGc.jpg

MTIwMC5qcGc.jpg
    memories I really miss. I lived in Twinbrook- parents still do...Best Products, Evan's Jewelers, and WC Bell all within five miles of each other.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    When there is no self-discipline, we are seeing an overall lack of will to impose discipline. At every level (toddlers acting badly in stores, students acting badly in school, etc), no legal consequences for lawlessness, what would you expect? It's been mentioned by me and others many times, but when you live "Lord of the Flies" that's what you get.

It's necessary to bring the hammer down on malum in se offenders, otherwise this shit will get (more) out of control.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    When there is no self-discipline, we are seeing an overall lack of will to impose discipline. At every level (toddlers acting badly in stores, students acting badly in school, etc), no legal consequences for lawlessness, what would you expect? It's been mentioned by me and others many times, but when you live "Lord of the Flies" that's what you get.

It's necessary to bring the hammer down on malum in se offenders, otherwise this shit will get (more) out of control.

With the help of the school system's IT staff, detectives were able to link seven of the threats to a 12-year-old.

But police say, in this case, there’s not much that can be done when it comes punishment.

“The new law in Maryland states that anybody who's under the age of 13 can only be charged with a crime of violence, and in this case, that doesn’t qualify," Innocenti said.

Police said the 12-year-old was aware that they couldn't be charged.

This occurred in MoCo, but it’s exactly what you’re saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom