• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Chevy Chase DC getting real interesting lately.

Following the discussion about this incident on Nextdoor and the various community listservs is a real eye opener.

Attachments

• CC Jump Out.png
      CC Jump Out.png
      22.5 KB · Views: 30

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    White Shirts are de facto politicians . Not following the official line has consequences.

He did as well as he could with deadpan delivery leaving the message between the lines .

Carjacking is the New UUV .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Chevy Chase DC getting real interesting lately.

Following the discussion about this incident on Nextdoor and the various community listservs is a real eye opener.
    Some of the brighter thugs have realised that going where the big money is, and where the citizenry is self-disarmed and pliant, is the road to successful criminality.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Some of the brighter thugs have realised that going where the big money is, and where the citizenry is self-disarmed and pliant, is the road to successful criminality.
    Good.

DC and Baltimore level violence in Chevy Chase.

What's next? Armed robbery/carjacking of people waiting to get into NIH in the morning?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    True.

What could this agent have possibly been aiming at or trying to shoot?

Reminds me of the Engage Armament shooting in Rockville where Andrew Raymond ran across the parking lot and then shot at the rear of the (undercover police) vehicle after it had passed him and was driving away.

more to that story, my friend

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    come on purple line.... come on purple line. Schadenfreude awaits...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    one of my brothers just texted earlier thugs stole one of their cars from the back lot behind the firehouse.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Gee what can go wrong letting somone charged with homicide run around freely until trial?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

The mayor’s emergency order notes that in the first nine months of 2023, there were 458 arrests of juveniles for robbery, including carjacking, homicide, or assault with a dangerous weapon — a 10% increase from 2022. Data also shows that juveniles represent about one-third of the total arrests for carjackings this year, coming in at a staggering 151. FOX 5 asked for clarification on this data.

According to D.C. Police’s carjacking dashboard as of Monday, juveniles accounted of 66% of the carjacking arrests, with 863 carjackings reported so far this year.

Additionally, the Mayor’s Office says from January to October of this year, 97 juveniles have been shot — 15 fatally — and in just the last five weeks alone, five kids on court-ordered electronic monitoring have been killed.

Another one bites the dust.

Me thinks this is what happens when so called Presidents, mayors, DA's etc vilify police and continue with their crusade of "nothing to see" when it comes to real criminals committing real crimes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    From the Fox link:

"Bowser’s office says the public emergency declaration will allow the D.C. government to "respond more efficiently and urgently" to these two problems by authorizing "expedited procurement, the disbursement of funds, and the activation, implementation, and coordination of mutual aid agreements between the District and federal, state, or local jurisdictions, as appropriate."

So that's the solution:
    *Declare a Public Emergency, in case no one noticed violent crime doubling,
    *Authorise and expedite disbursement of funds,
    *Spread the blame around other jurusdictions,
    *Track overdoses to more efficiently keep junkies from dying by deploying outreach teams, so the dealers won't lose customers.

While they're at it, why not pass a few more laws, so everyone will know they're all in for law and order. (Or for laws, anyway).

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC

Do attempts get counted with successful ones?
    So that would put DC at only 20 to go!

1 Crew/ 2 attempted and one successful carjacking last night all in Georgetown/Foxhall area.

I drive on Foxhall road quite frequently and honestly that road and that area is one of the last places I ever thought about being carjacked. Although there was another successful one down the road a little bit a few months ago.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    more to that story, my friend
    More than we saw on the video of the Engage Armament incident? I'm generally familiar with the background of what happened there, but interested to learn more about it.

I'm referencing the Engage Armament incident because Andrew Raymond didn't appear to have a clear target he was shooting at and was shooting at the rear of a vehicle driving away from him.

I'm very curious here what was actually in the sight picture of the Secret Service agent who fired and how many shots were fired.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    From the Fox link:

"Bowser’s office says the public emergency declaration will allow the D.C. government to "respond more efficiently and urgently" to these two problems by authorizing "expedited procurement, the disbursement of funds, and the activation, implementation, and coordination of mutual aid agreements between the District and federal, state, or local jurisdictions, as appropriate."

So that's the solution:
    *Declare a Public Emergency, in case no one noticed violent crime doubling,
    *Authorise and expedite disbursement of funds,
    *Spread the blame around other jurusdictions,
    *Track overdoses to more efficiently keep junkies from dying by deploying outreach teams, so the dealers won't lose customers.

While they're at it, why not pass a few more laws, so everyone will know they're all in for law and order. (Or for laws, anyway).
    You've got it figured out.

What a disgrace this is.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Do attempts get counted with successful ones?
    So that would put DC at only 20 to go!

1 Crew/ 2 attempted and one successful carjacking last night all in Georgetown/Foxhall area.

I drive on Foxhall road quite frequently and honestly that road and that area is one of the last places I ever thought about being carjacked. Although there was another successful one down the road a little bit a few months ago.

Oh we're definitely hitting over 900. Even the attempts just encourage more attempts/successful ones.

You've got armed crews driving around looking for potential victims. They do it because they know they'll get away with it, and they've taken their scores city-wide where the nice cars and least prepared victims likely are.

Just rewatch the video of MPD Lieutenant Dowling, who's heading up the DC Carjacking Task Force, talking to Fox 5 local news again.

The man looks completely demoralized and ready to have another double.
    Everything about him is saying: "They're not letting us fix this. I'm sorry, but I can't say the truth here. Buy a gun and train with it. You're on your own."

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

“I’m just done,” Aaron McGovern, who closed Brine Oyster and Seafood House on Nov. 11, said in an interview. Several months ago, he also shuttered Biergarten Haus, a longtime H Street tavern. “People don’t want to come to H Street, not only because there are better options but because of the scariness of the street.”

It's dead, Jim.

This is so pathetic. They're lucky they didn't get carjacked waiting in line near Nationals Park.

The closure comes days after neighboring Flight Wine Bar also announced they are closing their location at the end of the year after a decade, leaving yet another empty store front along the 700 block of 6th Street Northwest.

Landini told WUSA9 that he was at the point where he had to renew his lease for another five years and said he could not withstand waiting for things to improve along the corridor.

A D.C. crime dashboard shows that in a 2,000-foot radius around Bar Deco there have been nearly 800 crime incidents so far this year, that's 60 more than the same time last year. Sex abuse and theft saw significant increases according to the data.

More from Lieutenant Dowling:

According to Dowling, there are 14 detectives dedicated to this unit. 7News On Your Side asked him if this was enough to address all of the carjackings in the city.

"We're doing as well as we can with what we have," Dowling told 7News in October. "Listen, you take whatever they give you. I'll take whatever they give me."

7News On Your Side asked Dowling if there was anything his unit was doing to prevent carjackings, instead of just responding to them.

"My unit, no. Specifically, we are a reactive unit. That's all we do, is respond. We get cases after the fact. There are other units. We have a robbery suppression unit that's stood up, and they're more of a proactive street-based unit," Dowling said in October.

After another recent carjacking, 7News On Your Side asked MPD officials if the robbery suppression unit was nearby at the time of the crime.

However, a spokesperson said they do not provide specific details on operations, tactics, or deployments.

So now the Congress is considering an even tougher action – three Republican Congressmen have introduced H.R. 5195, the Seat of Government Act. The new bill would repeal the 1973 D.C. Home Rule Act, which created the District’s current government, and would, thereby, return full control of city government functions to the Congress.

With a Democrat Senate and Democrat President, it's not likely to become law... but save this for next year.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom