• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They were $200 even, but count me in.

Edit: eh, $244 shipped. By the time you fix the stock you're better off going with one from Classic.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Those are really tempting. That said, where can you find Chinese SKS stocks for a blade bayonet? All I can find are for the spike bayonet.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Still cheaper for a shooter to buy one of their stocks though. These may also be a candidate for a Tapco stock if the original stock is shredded.

This is what I was thinking. Even if you order a replacement stock from them, it is still under $300 to your door. Either way you slice it, I am yet to find a better deal out there, in any kind of quantity.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    This is what I was thinking. Even if you order a replacement stock from them, it is still under $300 to your door. Either way you slice it, I am yet to find a better deal out there, in any kind of quantity.

Yup. I broke down and ordered one. Saw on some other threads the kinds of rifles people were receiving the last batch. Could not help myself.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    that is tempting. Last one I got wasnt too bad, I just had to replace the gas piston and I was in business. hmmmmm
    $250 for a total roll of the dice, or $350 for a guaranteed original stock, numbers matching working one from Classic. Tough call.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time they had cracked stock SKSs, they were $20 cheaper and the shipping was only $12. So it was $212 shipped. I was quoted $244 when i had one from this batch in my cart. These are priced too high IMHO considering that at a minimum it needs a new stock. Add a bent gas piston or something and you're prolly underwater on it.

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    If there was something serious with the gun itself, I would see what they could do about making it right. I know it says no returns, but it also only speaks to the stock itself, not the gun. IDK, good point. I figured with a new stock and the gun, you are still under the $300 mark.

If the shipping would be $12 it would be a LOT easier to swallow, but you are right.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last time they had cracked stock SKSs, they were $20 cheaper and the shipping was only $12. So it was $212 shipped. I was quoted $244 when i had one from this batch in my cart. These are priced too high IMHO considering that at a minimum it needs a new stock. Add a bent gas piston or something and you're prolly underwater on it.

You are correct. Shipping this time is 2x what it was last time and the price is higher.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    They look long enough, (30" or 32") but they cant ship you the magazines and by default may not ship you the stock because of that./company policy. You can prob get the california compliant one. If you use a C&R to get it then I think you run afoul of the law that says you cant alter them from their historical configuration (someone correct me if Im wrong).

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Attachments

• Meh.jpg
      Meh.jpg
      71.7 KB · Views: 481

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads