• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Ok, I know (at least I think I know) that everyone prefers the M-44 for the collectability, over the Chinese T-53. My question is why is the T-53 rated just as rare, if not more so than the M-44 in certain instances? We all know that the M-44 commands a premium over the T-53, but for the Chinese to have such a hi rarity number (5-7) on 54r.net, it just perplexes me a little bit.

Thoughts on this?

I know a lot has to do with year of production/condition/matching... I am speaking in general terms however.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Out of four T53's ordered from Budsgunshop, I got one that was all-matching. The rest had everything matching but the bolt (think that's pretty common...)

All 4 had nice bores, one looked like it had hardly been shot (yet the outside looked just as rough as the rest). The one with the roughest bore shoots the best groups, and is dead nuts at 100 yards with surplus ammo. LOVE my Type 53's. My M44 sits in the safe and looks pretty.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I have both, T53 strikes me as a better shooter; definitely more "character" than my M44 lol..

I like how they are nice and broken in. MUCH lighter triggers and smoother actions. I can flick open the bolt with my pinky instead of having to slam the dang thing. I put a Finn sear spring in one and makes it almost like a 2 stage trigger. I just bought some shims to accurize the best shooter of the bunch. I just like them more than the M44. Maybe I need more M44's to compare? :innocent0

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Speaking of..... Has anyone ordered one of the 80 dollar cracked stock specials from SOG?

I'm thinking about grabbing one... I have an extra stock. Besides, it says they are repairable and I need to learn how to repair a stock anyways!

I got all four of my Type 53's from buds back when they had them for 119 shipped.

cestrella13

Cosmoline Dreams
    Mar 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I like how they are nice and broken in. MUCH lighter triggers and smoother actions. I can flick open the bolt with my pinky instead of having to slam the dang thing. I put a Finn sear spring in one and makes it almost like a 2 stage trigger. I just bought some shims to accurize the best shooter of the bunch. I just like them more than the M44. Maybe I need more M44's to compare? :innocent0
    Haha, maybe so; nothing satisfies the C&R appetite! I like my T53 for that exact reason; action moves so smooth. A real noticeable difference really!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Speaking of..... Has anyone ordered one of the 80 dollar cracked stock specials from SOG?

I'm thinking about grabbing one... I have an extra stock. Besides, it says they are repairable and I need to learn how to repair a stock anyways!

I got all four of my Type 53's from buds back when they had them for 119 shipped.

Is the $20 savings worth it for a cracked stock? I'm thinking no.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I was thinking about starting a thread where we all can post our random range pics of the day and pics of targets where we shot decent groups with our C&R firearms, does one already exist or do you think that's a good idea?

Speaking of the T53 I have one I did some NON permanent modifications to just for grins. It's all reversible and the bolt body was an extra that I sent off and had a turned down handle put on. This thing shoots pretty good, I still am going to bed the action and free float the barrel. I found out today it actually shoots better without the bayonet extended. I had been extending it every time...

This is 10 rounds with Surplus silver tip light ball
    targetfromsyntheticmodelon62514_zpsd5500f89.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom