• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    Would churches who provide child care during services on multiple days of the week be considered “childcare centers” per MD law?

anfernys

Jun 24, 2022
    Lusby, MD
    I interpret the rule as Daycare/early learning centers open to the public, but small private child care were not “prohibited”.

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    Would churches who provide child care during services on multiple days of the week be considered “childcare centers” per MD law?
    Nope…

14b iv

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    The easiest way to figure out if someplace is an child care center is to simply ask if they are a certified child care center.

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    The easiest way to figure out if someplace is an child care center is to simply ask if they are a certified child care center.
    This is great advice. I was trying to decipher if they would meet any of the exemption standards, but didn’t even think about just asking. Thanks.

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    This is great advice. I was trying to decipher if they would meet any of the exemption standards, but didn’t even think about just asking. Thanks.
    To be considered a child care center in the state means a lot. Your local gym could have a room for children to play. Doesn’t mean their a child care in the states eyes so they don’t have to register as a child care which includes ALOT of bs, oversight, and laws/regs you have to follow. Staff have to be background checked, properly trained..etc etc. certain kid to adult ratio.

It’s actually kind of scary as a parent. As I stated…Your local gym that offers “child care” is most likely not legally a child care and doesn’t have to follow any of the same safety or staffing requirements that an actual child care would. I’m talking basic things like cpr certification for staff

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    They have a preschool at the church during the week which doesn’t have a child care center license, but does have a letter of compliance number. I’m assuming that would make it prohibited, but not 100% sure since it’s technically not a licensed center.

Last edited:

PIPES

Apr 6, 2013
    I don't mean they're legit because they don't allow guns. I mean because they're certified, fire code inspected, follow a curriculum, background check and vet all caregivers, etc
    Haha understood. I’m just noting that the sacrifice is worth it for your kid’s safety.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    Isn't it only against the law to have a gun in prohibited areas if someone sees it? Asking for a friend..
    Lol tell your friend to read back of his permit… oh wait permit is only required for law abiding citizens it’s completely fine otherwise. :sarcasm::facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom