• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Antis don't have a place at my table. It's why I no longer come to any of the MDS events. People are more interested in being buddies with fools than having principles.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    Check Shannon Watts' Twitter feed from yesterday for a tweet in which she refers to MD gun owners. It's the civility thread, so I'm not posting a screenshot, but fair to say the combination of the legislative losses and a particular image triggered her.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Even more humorous than her being triggered was the fact that she didn't crop the image she posted well enough...if you've seen it, you know what I mean. ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Even more humorous than her being triggered was the fact that she didn't crop the image she posted well enough...if you've seen it, you know what I mean. ;)

Seriously, she almost made that meme go viral. Now those who haven't associated that imagery with their poorly considered organizational name ... might.

And it's literally from a random guy on FB with a fake account - that they want to portray as a typical MD gun owner.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    We already have some husbands of the Mom's Demanding Action here. Now people want the actual MDA here too?

Some people's kids...

We don't have to play nice with the enemy to gain ground. We need to troll the hell out of them and make them lose their shit, then everyone can see they are a bunch of worthless harpies.

We only have to play nice with the legislators up to a point.

Part of me feels that people should disclose if their wife is actively involved with the opposing side, up front. Explains a lot about the behavior of some lol.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Antis don't have a place at my table. It's why I no longer come to any of the MDS events. People are more interested in being buddies with fools than having principles.

Usually they have their own table with fan club in tow. They bring their own as to have someone to speak to.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Everyone is welcome...but some are more welcome to my ignore list.

That revelation put his posts into context.

Sad, just sad. How much of "I got mine" was baked in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I have always been amazed at folks with enough control to be civil at all times and even when faced with shitbags flapping their jaws and trying to take something from them.

I have never had that ability and have no interest I trying to acquire it.

Being completely uncivil has taken me pretty far in life( farther than I figured I would get) and it’s all I know now...

Some occupations depend on it. Others don't require such discipline. It does take a bit of growing up to get there in some respect. It did me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    LOL C'mon, man! Surely, you don't think the two-finger salute even phased them, do you? Being flipped-off was probably one of the milder displays of contempt they experienced during this session. If I could've been there, they would've heard far worse than what giving them the two-finger salute expressed.

I would've told them that they were, collectively, the most inept, dysfunctional, out-of-touch self-important, self-righteous group of people to ever call themselves 'legislators' in the history of MD and we, the residents, demand an apology for the abomination of BS bills being considered that did absolutely nothing to address the real problems of this state. Fvck them. My respect is earned, not automatically given. If anything, the two-finger salute was...too kind for scumbags who thought they had nothing better to do than persecute law-abiding residents with their pet causes. They are a fvcking disgrace.

Some things should remain in ones head, never to hit the screen or the airwaves.

Most on here miss the entire concept of what this thread is about. Moms lost because they were rude on Sine Die, and they were all so close to getting UBC. Pretty sure they are not stupid enough to do it again. Next year, they will bring red cupcakes for all the legislators on Sine Die, liberal and conservative alike.

Make sure you are giving the legislators the fingers and spewing the vitriol next year on Sine Die so you can ensure further anti-gun legislation at the end of the day.

The OP's message has been lost by most on here. Granted, after passing the bar exam I was required to attend "civility" training because the Maryland Bar Association thought attorneys were being way too antagonistic against one another. Couple years later, a partner at the firm I was working for was sued for libel and slander by another attorney.

Anyway, being against somebody's position does not mean you cannot be civil about your opposition. Now, when we are finally taking up sides for the revolution, then the gloves come off. Until then, I still believe honey is better than vinegar.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Part of me feels that people should disclose if their wife is actively involved with the opposing side, up front. Explains a lot about the behavior of some lol.

Yeah, it would be really nice to know a lot more about some of the people on here. Alas, the internet provides a lot of anonymity. I try to attend as many functions as I possibly can on this board, sometimes with my wife or kids with me. Come to one and meet me and my wife. Talk to my wife. Make up your own mind. Bring your wife or girlfriend too so I can talk to her. Let's get to know one another and see exactly where we stand on a lot of things.

I will be at the Essen Room on May 4th with my wife and kids. I would be more than happy to chat with you politely and you can chat with my wife too, if she will listen to you.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    As a rule, I treat individuals as individuals. I have had some pleasant conversations with some individual MOMs who have actually come up to me to say that I had made some points in testimony that they had never considered. Guess I wasn't breathing fire that day (or maybe it was my dashing gray hair). Not a single MOM has been unpleasant to me personally. I respond accordingly. Personally, I see them as uninformed rather than as blood enemies. Easier on my blood pressure.

Always wise to be cordial and congenial to opponents while persuading legislators to your point of view. You look more mature, bigger and more reasonable.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I dont bring my wife and daughter to shooting events because my fragile ego cannot take a girl that can outshoot me.

Man, when that happens to me, I am going to cry. Then again, maybe I will be crying tears of pride. No idea how my dad handled it, and at what point I started shooting way better than him. However, it happened at some point. Probably in my early teens.

My son has been beating me once in a while in cards and chess, and while I hate losing, if I have to lose I would prefer it be to my son or daughter.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I thought about that, but then I think that on longer distance optics, pictures etc. we could be misconstrued by media trickery to be in lockstep with the AstroTurf.

What about a blue shirt with white lettering. Then, the two groups would look like the American Flag with a bunch of stars on it.

Edit to add: You would have moms in red, and dads in blue. Could start some square dancing.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Wow. Look at the contents of page 14 of this thread.

I remember someone complaining about the Patriot Picket dominating threads here.

:sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    It isn't splitting hairs. They may look similar, but getting from point A to point B is a tough road to traverse.
    The .30 TC came from .308 and 6.5 CM came from .30 TC. Yes, one can convert .308 brass to 6.5 CM, but neck turning and the case wrinkles make it quite difficult. Conversely, converting .243 to 6.5 CM is a piece of cake. Converting .22-250 isn't tough either. Converting .308 to 6.5 CM is enough of a pain that very few people do so.

ETA- My initial post was to point out the hypocrisy of the post I responded to.

So, was I "lying" or did I believe what I was saying was truth with me just being misinformed?

Those in glass houses surely should not throw stones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom