• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    But seriously, $219!! Wow. Whats an M44 going for these days? Prices are really getting ridiculous. (Yes, I understand the M38s are becoming more scarce and overtime prices will rise.) But we are talking Classic, here. I'm sure there is at least a little gouging/inflation going on.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-eligible/m38rifle

I just plunked down my card for one of these. Still in stock. Same price.
    We'll see what "excellent" turns out to mean......

http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=7006&dir=700|701

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I ordered one. They are nice carbines. I saw them selling for $199 before the craziness started. So they're another $20 now. Keep in mind we're talking about the least-produced variant, not the ubiquitous service-grade or worse M91/30 rifles or the later M44 carbines.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I ordered one. They are nice carbines. I saw them selling for $199 before the craziness started. So they're another $20 now. Keep in mind we're talking about the least-produced variant, not the ubiquitous service-grade or worse M91/30 rifles or the later M44 carbines.

My timing is terrible again! I wish I had seen the M38 first. Can't justify two rifles in a week (guess I could, but I'm trying to exercise some will-power!)

Oh well, at least there's Mosin food to be had. I can't even shoot my .22 lately.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Don't worry. Only three left as I write this, so they probably won't be in stock anymore by the time I hit the send button.

Yup- big red OUT OF STOCK.

Well, now that leaves me thinking about the straight bolt Yugo Mausers over on SAMCO for $209......quick, somebody talk me out of it!

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I bought 440 rounds of AIM Mosin food instead. That will have to sate me for awhile. I couldn't find any good deals on 8mm, so I'm holding off on the Mauser. Hell, my M44 hasn't even got here yet!

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD

Well, now that leaves me thinking about the straight bolt Yugo Mausers over on SAMCO for $209......quick, somebody talk me out of it!

If you go with the Mauser your ammo cost will be three times what it would be with the Mosin...

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    yeah, but everyone needs a mauser.

if you're worried about shooting, get a mosin to shoot high volume for cheap, and just shoot the more expensive mauser more sparingly.

and if you shoot boxer rounds, keep the brass to reload, or sell to someone who does, and offset the cost.

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County

I got a Special Select SAMCO Yugo Mauser straight bolt ($229) a couple months ago, I would have opted for the Classic Arms Excellent condition version ($299). The SAMCO rifle had heavy pitting, etc. Although you should not make your decision based off of the Classic Arms reviews, they hand select which customer reviews they put on their website. You will notice that there are no low rating reviews on any of their products, kinda of defeats the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom