ClassicFirearms.com - Positive Experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Seems to me I read some folks that said they posted so so or negative reviews of purchases and they never made it to the website leading some folks to believe they were artificially inflating the ratings by suppressing anything but 4 or 5 stars. That sorta thing doesn't sit well with me. I bought plenty from them up until a few years ago... can't remember the last time I bought something from them. Probably at least 2 or 3 years ago.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I bought my TT-C from them. I paid for the hand select and I ended up with an immaculate 1953 TT-C with a very serviceable holster. Even the magazine had a matching serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Seems to me I read some folks that said they posted so so or negative reviews of purchases and they never made it to the website leading some folks to believe they were artificially inflating the ratings by suppressing anything but 4 or 5 stars. That sorta thing doesn't sit well with me. I bought plenty from them up until a few years ago... can't remember the last time I bought something from them. Probably at least 2 or 3 years ago.

I've submitted three very respectful and honest negative reviews and not a single one was ever posted on their site.

They screwed me 3 times in two years, the last two were in a row and I haven't bought from them since.

One of their employees admitted to me on the phone that he didn't even take an SKS out of the plastic to inspect it when I paid hand select. This was cosmo-soaked thick plastic, not something you could do what anyone would consider "hand select" through, and the rifle was badly rusted. Note that I also had a deal (still have the emails saved) arranged with said employee to pick me an extra nice one because they had screwed me on the previous order by sending me a rusted Tokarev listed in "excellent" condition. Despite all of this, they still made me pay the shipping to return it.

Pics of my "hand select, extra nice" SKS

Attachments

• sks1.jpg
      sks1.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 252
    • sks4.jpg
      sks4.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 250
    • sks7.jpg
      sks7.jpg
      45.3 KB · Views: 250
    • sks8.jpg
      sks8.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 255

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Not defending them but I recently had a "$10" off $50 coupon. Ended up ordering a Bulgarian bakelite AK74 bayo which are getting fairly scarce. Impressed, it has some scratches (minor) but overall its in really nice shape and the blade is flawless. Scabbard and bayo numbers match frog is a little dry but nothing some holster conditioner wont fix, sort of nice for $39 and these are going up. Sort of glad I ordered it and a Anderson small parts kit (detents and stuff). Less than $50 for both delivered to my door, within 3 days, with coupon. I was a little skeptical it would be decent given they didn't advertise condition in their add.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ak74wirecutterbayoborbo

I might order the black poly bayo.

chompers

Nov 8, 2012
    I received a K11 from them that wouldn't even go into battery because the rod was bent. I mean not even the most basic function check could have been done if they missed that. Would they have made it right? I hope so. It was simple enough to fix that I just sorted it myself.
    bentrod.jpg

bentrod2.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Maybe they are on an upswing in service again, but the last couple of times that I bought with the "handpick" option, what I got was substantially worse than others who didn't choose that option. We're talking about things like non-matching, battered, corroded, etc., from a batch of guns that had really nice examples being sold. It seemed clear to me that the "handpick" was a sucker option, and it meant that I got the next one that someone's hand picked up out of a pile. There was no way that any time had been spent looking over the guns that were sold to me.

Your choice. You may have excellent luck with them. I just don't go back to a vendor that has crapped on me twice in a row.

I had a similar bad experience when it took 2 months to get a gun that fell apart during the first magazine load replaced. For weeks they kept telling me the replacement had shipped when it hadn't. I never give any business a second chance to repeatedly lie to me.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've submitted three very respectful and honest negative reviews and not a single one was ever posted on their site.

They screwed me 3 times in two years, the last two were in a row and I haven't bought from them since.

I had a similar bad experience when it took 2 months to get a gun that fell apart during the first magazine load replaced. For weeks they kept telling me the replacement had shipped when it hadn't. I never give any business a second chance to repeatedly lie to me.

It's all about honesty and integrity. The only way to send a message to businesses that are dishonest to customers is to quit doing business with them. Maybe they are getting that message, but I'm still leery of them.

Sirex