• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I was actually serious about it. I would have been able to adjust LOP - my wife's main issue with sizing a shotgun - by 1/2" increments to a pretty suitable fit, and it comes with a pretty nice recoil pad. That would have cost considerably less that what we ended up doing.

Ultimately we ended up getting her into a Browning BT-99 Micro with a Graco adjustable LOP setup, and I got a good deal on it by stacking discounts (10% member discount with a 5% military) so she has a solid gun to use now. The good news is that she LOVES the fact that her very first real gun that she can claim as being "hers" is a Browning - unadorned, but still beautiful as it is simple and functional.

We went out to public trap at AGC again tonight and she's picking things up pretty well She was stuck on 9/25 the last few times we went out. It was uncanny that every round seemed to be a 9. She broke into double digits tonight with a 12, and she was pretty stoked by that. More importantly, she's figuring out where her pattern is going. Once she dials in a bit more, she's going to be giving me a run for my money in no time!

She’s not stuck near 12 now, she had an excellent round today!
    It was nice meeting you and your wife.
    Thanks for letting me put a few rounds through your Cynergy today, I might just get one myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    She’s not stuck near 12 now, she had an excellent round today!
    It was nice meeting you and your wife.
    Thanks for letting me put a few rounds through your Cynergy today, I might just get one myself!

She smoked me tonight! She had the best round of both of us with a 21, although I got close on that last round with a 20.

Yeah - she is definitely figuring it out - I wouldn't be surprised if she beats me to a straight 25.

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    She smoked me tonight! She had the best round of both of us with a 21, although I got close on that last round with a 20.

Yeah - she is definitely figuring it out - I wouldn't be surprised if she beats me to a straight 25.
    I was with rbird last night and enjoyed meeting you and your wife, as well as seeing how excited she was at hitting 21. Sounds like I might have to ask her how she likes the Blantons next time I see you both! ;)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I was with rbird last night and enjoyed meeting you and your wife, as well as seeing how excited she was at hitting 21. Sounds like I might have to ask her how she likes the Blantons next time I see you both! ;)
    Lolol! I had the better day today - my best round was a 24, and I ran 21 straight before I screwed it up and missed!

It is always nice meeting fellow shooters and members of the forum - hope to see you out there again soon.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Lolol! I had the better day today - my best round was a 24, and I ran 21 straight before I screwed it up and missed!

It is always nice meeting fellow shooters and members of the forum - hope to see you out there again soon.

A 24? Oh so close! Great round.
    I had two of my best yesterday……..and one of my worst lol.
    Much like any other hobby/discipline there is good and bad, sometimes in the same day.
    After yesterday, I’m itching to go back.
    Most likely it will be next Friday

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I was actually serious about it. I would have been able to adjust LOP - my wife's main issue with sizing a shotgun - by 1/2" increments to a pretty suitable fit, and it comes with a pretty nice recoil pad. That would have cost considerably less that what we ended up doing.

Ultimately we ended up getting her into a Browning BT-99 Micro with a Graco adjustable LOP setup, and I got a good deal on it by stacking discounts (10% member discount with a 5% military) so she has a solid gun to use now. The good news is that she LOVES the fact that her very first real gun that she can claim as being "hers" is a Browning - unadorned, but still beautiful as it is simple and functional.

We went out to public trap at AGC again tonight and she's picking things up pretty well She was stuck on 9/25 the last few times we went out. It was uncanny that every round seemed to be a 9. She broke into double digits tonight with a 12, and she was pretty stoked by that. More importantly, she's figuring out where her pattern is going. Once she dials in a bit more, she's going to be giving me a run for my money in no time!
    I'm sure you know already but you can adjust the felt recoil with the Graco pad. It's a very nice feature. I can shoot 4 rounds of trap and not feel a thing, whereas with my other guns my shoulder gets sore after two.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    I asked the guy at Bass Pro what the $4200 shotgun behind him did that my Remington 870 didn't.

He said it really improves accuracy by making you more balanced while shooting because your wallet isn't weighing down your right hip as much.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    A 24? Oh so close! Great round.
    I had two of my best yesterday……..and one of my worst lol.
    Much like any other hobby/discipline there is good and bad, sometimes in the same day.
    After yesterday, I’m itching to go back.
    Most likely it will be next Friday
    I should have finished my day there. At that point I'd already shot 5 rounds for scores of 19, 20, 20, 20 and 24. My last round of the day I just didn't have the same focus and only got an 18. It is what it is.

I don't know if the missus and I will go up on Friday or not - we have trap league on Saturday, so we'll probably go up for public trap to shoot a couple of warmup rounds before shooting for official score later on. If we do go up on Friday, we'll get there at around 5:30ish. I'll keep you posted as the week progresses!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I asked the guy at Bass Pro what the $4200 shotgun behind him did that my Remington 870 didn't.

He said it really improves accuracy by making you more balanced while shooting because your wallet isn't weighing down your right hip as much.

lol. I probably replied already about this but my friend told me recently he wasn’t interested in spending on a nice grade O/U anymore after witnessing a rando knock over a rack full of guns at a station. Another friends Beretta stock got cracked pretty bad. I’m usually 50/50 on shouldering and putting it on the rack

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    lol. I probably replied already about this but my friend told me recently he wasn’t interested in spending on a nice grade O/U anymore after witnessing a rando knock over a rack full of guns at a station. Another friends Beretta stock got cracked pretty bad. I’m usually 50/50 on shouldering and putting it on the rack
    I'd be mighty pissed if someone knocked over any gun I had on a rack, whether it's a $500 TriStar, my $1700 Browning Cynergy, or an umpteen thousand dollar uber gun.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'd be mighty pissed if someone knocked over any gun I had on a rack, whether it's a $500 TriStar, my $1700 Browning Cynergy, or an umpteen thousand dollar uber gun.
    I take one of those fold up wagons whenever I go to an outdoor range. The shotgun goes back in the gun sleeve in my cart when I'm not shooting.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I take one of those fold up wagons whenever I go to an outdoor range. The shotgun goes back in the gun sleeve in my cart when I'm not shooting.

Even those aren’t safe with the way people drive golf carts on sporting clay courses

The joke my friend was making is that having a (more) inexpensive gun is less cringe than having your $6000 Guerini fall on gravel. The gun rack knock over guy definitely dipped after he “HUHUHUH shit sorry”

Anyway, my browning took a tumble off a side by side once. I remember a lot of people in the area yelling at the person that was driving it, they were going way too fast. Yelling at someone isn’t going fix it lol

I really didn’t care, since half it was my stupidity I think. I put it on a gun rack without the straps. It’s just a piece of metal, plastic and wood. It actually just had a few scratches slamming harder on the ground than a Beretta falling off a wooden gun rack

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom