• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G20

Feb 18, 2013
    I purchased a CMMG LPK a few days ago - they are currently on back order. They state on their site they cannot provide a lead time nor can they field any calls.

Does anyone here know from recent personal experience how long the lead times are?

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    I purchased a CMMG LPK a few days ago - they are currently on back order. They state on their site they cannot provide a lead time nor can they field any calls.

Does anyone here know from recent personal experience how long the lead times are?

I don't but I was thinking about ordering too, but didn't because I just don't know how long they will take. Hopefully they will get it done soon, my guess is they get inventories somewhat regularly and they have them designated to whomever is on back order.

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    I don't but I was thinking about ordering too, but didn't because I just don't know how long they will take. Hopefully they will get it done soon, my guess is they get inventories somewhat regularly and they have them designated to whomever is on back order.

I sent them an e-mail even though they state on their site they don't know what the lead times are. I asked if they could at least tell me if the wait was less than 90 days.

I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect customers to pay for merchandise and wait indefinitely without so much as even an approx lead time; then on top of it state they cannot take phone calls and will respond to e-mail inquiries in 10 days - guess I will have to wait 10 days before they can even get back to me with an answer. Hey maybe with any luck my LPK will arive before I get an e-mail! :D

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Okay I heard back from CMMG and they said lead times are 4 weeks right now. That's OK by me!

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Why wait for a LPK when they are in stock all over the place every week.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    They were not available online at the time I made this post - well except for Amazon for 2x the msrp. In any event I don't need it tomorrow, my upper isn't even ready so I am not in a hurry. I already placed my order so I should receive the LPK about the same time my upper comes in.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Why wait for a LPK when they are in stock all over the place every week.

Some people like certain kits.

PSA and Core 15 are readily available

RRA pops up from time to time (2 week wait for backorder, and 13 dollars shipping...)

Stag can be backordered (3 month wait).

DD and Colt are nowhere to be found, even as individual parts.

As I swap out safeties and FCG's anyways, there are Colt kits that go for 80 that have everything I need and I know they are going to be made right and I'll wait for those kits. After losing shipmates to accidents caused by parts with shoddy manufacture I prefer to go with parts that have strict QC.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    For those who don't like gambling with stock triggers, I'd recommend purchasing a combination of the PSA LPK without the fire control group and the ALG single stage combat trigger. For $75 you're get a great LPK with a trigger that is most likely better than any stock trigger you can get. The PSA LPK w/o fire control group is $30 and the ALG FCG is $45.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    For those who don't like gambling with stock triggers, I'd recommend purchasing a combination of the PSA LPK without the fire control group and the ALG single stage combat trigger. For $75 you're get a great LPK with a trigger that is most likely better than any stock trigger you can get. The PSA LPK w/o fire control group is $30 and the ALG FCG is $45.

It's not about the triggers, I haven't used a stock trigger in years (well I have one in an old colt, but that rifle is a safe queen now). It's about all the other parts. A broken mag catch, or buffer retainer, although rare, do happen. And these parts can get caught up in a rifle and seize it up at the worst possiable time (Murphy's Law).

I'm sure PSA LPK's are great, and I'm using one on a dedicated .22 build, but when many people are saying that this is going to be their SHTF/Home Defense Weapon I see no reason to take shortcuts or save a few dollars on parts that have unknown QC.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    It's not about the triggers, I haven't used a stock trigger in years (well I have one in an old colt, but that rifle is a safe queen now). It's about all the other parts. A broken mag catch, or buffer retainer, although rare, do happen. And these parts can get caught up in a rifle and seize it up at the worst possiable time (Murphy's Law).

I'm sure PSA LPK's are great, and I'm using one on a dedicated .22 build, but when many people are saying that this is going to be their SHTF/Home Defense Weapon I see no reason to take shortcuts or save a few dollars on parts that have unknown QC.

Nope....Nothing wrong with PSA at all. They make some good parts kits. For the very reasons you mentioned is exactly why I didn't purchase a couple of the CMMG kits a local B&M had. I read to many bad things on M4Carbine.net and AR15.com. I've never had experience with them but after reading about the problems others were having with them, I just decided to stay away just like I choose to stay away from DPMS parts kits.

I'll most likely always stick to PSA, Stag, DD, RRA and Spikes.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm not really a fan of the CMMG lpk's. I prefer the quality of the RRA parts by a wide margin. They have spiral cut roll pins that are much easier to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom