• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Mark Johnson also said he expected to be completely out of garands by 2017 unless more arrive.

They are also talking about building rifles on grade c receivers, to create a lower grade special......I've got a grade c receiver. Not going to be the prettiest rifles...

Feb 28, 2013
    well remember, CMP is running short because Obama has continued to disallow importing of the 10 of thousands of Garands we (the USA) leased to Korea during the Korean war.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/08/o...-rifles-fate-of-86000-garands-still-in-doubt/

funny, these are exactly the type of guns the liberals would seem to support. no high capacity mag, limited to 8 rounds, not a quick reload, to big for use drive-by's, expensive ammo, too heavy and long for gang's to carry around or criminals to conceal.
    Funny how those ain't "weapons of war", but an AR-15 or a WASR-10 is. :rolleyes:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Oh man, I have a 308 Tanker Garand, but want a full length 308 Garand. I better get a full size one soon, but I am saving for an AR10.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    They haven't made these things for about 60 years now. They're gonna' run out some time folks. I mean, you can't expect them to be available forever!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    My health took a very nasty turn not long ago, and I am now trimming a healthy collection of M1 Garands sooner than I'd planned to. I have SA and IHC Garands available, but, of course, not at CMP prices, but you if you live in central MD, you can see and handle the rifle before committing.

I sell on GunBroker as Good Guy 176 and have one late War SA listed now at $1,275 start price. It's a June 1945 rifle and pretty nice with its original SA 6 45 barrel, lockbar sight and SA/NFR cartouched stock.

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam, Vietnam II, W. Germany

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The CMP wouldn't get those unless the Korean's decided to give them back to the US Army and the Army declares them surplus to their needs and turns them over to the CMP. Korea wants to sell those guns to the commercial market to make some money.

Phuck Korea the ungrateful bastards. We spend billions protecting them and this is what we get in return. I would hope Trump loosens things up and tells them, send them or back or start paying up for all we do. Same for the other countries that abuse us.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    My order form is sitting on my kitchen table all filled out, just haven't had a chance to get it notarized. No rush now.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Im now on the hunt for an affordable IHC and/or WRA. Would like the major parts to match. Finding one is not the problem, finding an affordable one is. :)

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Not looking for "correct", just the main parts. Ive seen a few go for 1000-1200 on GB, but just haven't pulled the trigger. Was hoping to trade a SA and give some funds in a trade, but haven't had much luck... On that note, I haven't really tried to do that yet besides put a post on the cmp forums.

mbtech

Jan 6, 2014
    Delmarva
    I agree but facts are paperwork /proof is what gives the rifle value especially on higher end Garands
    I received an IHC correct Garand (all parts ) from the DCM in 1994 and the only paper work was the box it was shipped in, which I still have. Does that mean it's value is hurt.

Orlando

I received an IHC correct Garand (all parts ) from the DCM in 1994 and the only paper work was the box it was shipped in, which I still have. Does that mean it's value is hurt.

If it is turuely all correct ,no as you have DCM provenance. Do you know how to tell if parts are IHC that are not stamped/marked? Later IHC's had letter codes on parts that other manufactures let unmarked/stamped
    Agree or dissagree its common fact that rifles without CMP/DCM paperwork do not sell as fast and as high as price as rifles with paperwork

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yup. CMP paperwork seems to add ~$100 or so to the value. If nothing else, it's a certification that the rifle was good-to-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom