• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Hi everyone. I'm Alex, and I just moved into Howard County from Dorchester County. I have met all of the requirements for the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), including being a member of the MSRPA, which is affiliated with the CMP, having a valid Wear and Carry Permit, and of course, my forms of I.D to prove that I live in Maryland and that I am of age. Before I make a mail order for the M1 Garand, I am curious as to when my card would be charged, as I do not get paid until the 17th, but since I have to order the M1 Garand by mail, I guess it should be a while before my card is charged. I just worry that they charge it before the 17th, depending on when they receive the mail order.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    What do I do for the far bottom section of page 2A of the CMP order form where it lists "Notary Public" and "My commission expires"?
    :wtf:

Ummm... that is, you literally have to take the form to a public notary. You show them a government issued ID, they verify that your ID matches the name put on the paperwork, they then notarize the document.

Most banks have a notary. Just call around.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland

Ummm... that is, you literally have to take the form to a public notary. You show them a government issued ID, they verify that your ID matches the name put on the paperwork, they then notarize the document.

I see. I never got involved with the notary process before. Thank you. :)

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Most banks will do it for free as a courtesy for their customers. Do you have an account at a local bank?

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I guess I was thinking the post office is too, so you can't mail it until they open, whereupon your bank will probably be open too.

Are you up against a submital deadline? I was down to the wire on my 1911 CMP packet, drove to the bank, got it notorized, had them make some courtesy copies for me, drove to the PO, and then they extended it.

10mmAuto

Feb 22, 2013

Start with your own bank -- usually they offer Notary services for free or a small fee for customers. Also, a lot of UPS Service and other neighborhood Mail-Box type stores offer the same service for a fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom