• ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    CMP Sales Update​
    8e90e394-8d9f-420c-9fdd-7d566d90d4ee.jpg
    Get your CMP M1 Garand! We are currently accepting orders for Rack Grades $700, Rack Plus $850 and Expert Grades $1150. Available for mail order only.

Visit our website for descriptions and purchasing regulations.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/ http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Get a head start on your holiday shopping! Visit our E-Store
    for stocking stuffers! We have shooting accessories, publications, memorabilia and ammo! We now have .30-06 ammo available for a limited time!

Thank You for your support of the CMP!​

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Buy one to pass along to your kids when they are old enough. If they are old enough buy them one for Christmas.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I may have to talk to the wife about getting a second one...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Would a rack grade / rack plus be worth purchasing as just a fun shooter? Or should I just go all in and get the expert grade?

Also, didn’t see it specifically mentioned, will they ship to an 03:FFL ?

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Would a rack grade / rack plus be worth purchasing as just a fun shooter? Or should I just go all in and get the expert grade?

Rack plus may be ok, rack may not even function correctly, I've received good rack grades and pretty poor rack grades but I was buying most for parts so it did not matter, they were also 350 bucks at the time, with what they charge now don't know if I would risk a rack grade.

CMP ships Garands directly to you, no FFL needed, at least that is the way it used to be, C&R can be used to satisfy the shooting requirement.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I would say get the expert grade unless you are OK with possibly having to tweak the rack grade.
    That being said, I guy I work with bought two rack grades and both are very nice.

Here's another thought; you could buy two rack plus grades, keep the better of the two, and sell the one of them for probably $1000, or possibly more. Hell, a Garand with a sewer pipe barrel sells for $1,000 these days.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    M1 parts are still relatively plentiful, they're not rocket science or black magic to work on either.
    What I would do is look at the description of the throat when determining whether or not it would be a reasonable shooter first.
    Then depending or not if one wanted to be married to it, and for how much.
    Simply figure out what your expectations are and how much you intend to use it.

I think for most the expert grade would check all the boxes adequately and have value if you wanted to become more deeply involved in the hobby.
    Otherwise even with a rack grade, a person could almost guarantee that if someone indicated they owned one, someone else would pay for it if they weren't happy with it.
    And would at the very least, want look it over none the less.

Last thing is, the expert grades are being offered in 3006.
    If it were me, I would by a rack grade and a 308 barrel for a shooter rifle, have some fun with it then grease it up and buy another at some other time based on what my experience was.
    But, E-store last I looked only has 1903 barrels though.
    So, I would buy an expert grade or whatever it is they're building up at this time and be happy with it.
    Or, buy a rack and a 1903 barrel for just in case and support the CMP/mission.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    My last rack grade I received, I ordered one to strip for parts, CMP threw a wrench in the works by shipping me a nice looking rifle with a lot of WW2 parts including the stock, still had its original June of 44 barrel on it. Took it to the range and it would not function, muzzle was so worn it was losing too much gas pressure.
    Sat on it a few years and finally decided to take it to Charlie Maloney to have it gone through and have a new Criterion barrel screwed on that I already had, got back a great looking and shooting rifle.
    IMG_8616.jpeg
    IMG_8614.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom