• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I joined the ranks of the helplessly waiting yesterday. My two questions are thus -

1) If you ordered a Garand, how long did it really take to receive the rifle? The website currently says 30 to 60 days. I'm hoping it won't take that long :) I ordered a Service Grade Springfield. A co-worker told me they once got their rifle in under 30 days. I'm hoping other folks around here can confirm similar tales of quick delivery, cuz I'm darned impatient now!

2) Did you get some sort of email or phone call to let you know when to expect delivery? Or when they processed the order? I think I read they deliver via Fedex overnight, but how much notice did you get, if any, that your rifle was on the way?

Thanks!

And yes, I'll post pics when I get the rifle, but only if FPS* promises a fat-chick picture in return. This forum has been a little lite on fat-chick pictures!

*and a special thanks to FivePointStar for assisting me with the paperwork I needed to get the CMP order in!

Last edited:

JRBENJR

Jan 5, 2011
    Odenton, MD
    It took about 3.5 weeks for me to receive te two M1's I ordered. I received an email with the tracking numner when they were shipped. The thing to rember about CMP is that they process orders in the order that they are received, so how long it takes depends on how many orders are in front of yours.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I joined the ranks of the helplessly waiting yesterday. My two questions are thus -

1) If you ordered a Garand, how long did it really take to receive the rifle? The website currently says 30 to 60 days. I'm hoping it won't take that long :) I ordered a Service Grade Springfield. A co-worker told me they once got their rifle in under 30 days. I'm hoping other folks around here can confirm similar tales of quick delivery, cuz I'm darned impatient now!

My last one took about 2.5 weeks. Right now, they're shipping pretty quickly, as there are no "hot items" that are clogging up the staff. A while back, with the bayonets and sniper kits, things were batshit crazy and shipping was really lagging. But not now...

2) Did you get some sort of email or phone call to let you know when to expect delivery? Or when they processed the order? I think I read they deliver via Fedex overnight, but how much notice did you get, if any, that your rifle was on the way?

Thanks!

You will get an initial DBU (don't bother us) e-mail, letting you know they received the order. Then, when the rifle is ready to ship, you'll receive another e-mail with the FedEx tracking #...

Jamie

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Takes a while to get ammo also.

My last ammo order at the beginning of June only took 2 days from order placed to shipped! I was surprised to the say the least.

To the op, my SG Garand order in Jan this year took about two months from mailing my packet until I got the shipping email. You'll get an email after a few weeks or a month saying they got your info and put in the order, then another email when they ship with the tracking numbers. Was one month for me between those emails.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Your first order takes longer because they have to review the packet. Orders after that usually don't take as long. I ordered my garand in Jan. and it took about 4 weeks. The ammo I ordered after that took about two weeks to get. Once they have your packet recorded, ordering online speeds things up.

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    I ordered mine in the middle of Feb, and it was shipped in the middle of March. Its too bad that I had to wait until June before I could see it. I suggest stocking up on the ammo. I think I have bought close to 1800 rounds so far. Despite what they say about 10-15% being a bit iffy, I have not had any problems. I was hesitant when I noticed that about half of the ammo I ordered was from 1963 (the other half was from 1980) but they all worked fine.

Last edited:

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    well, according to the CMP site, I now have 2 open orders, one for ammo, one for the rifle. Appears they charged me successfully. now, i just have to wait for a ship date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom