• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Ammo collecting is just not my field. Anyone know if early 1960s M1 carbine rounds are of interest to collectors? This is French-made stuff with a VE head stamp. I got it, along with a couple of rifles*, from a former early Air America pilot over 20 years ago.

*The rifles were commercial M1 carbines. He said that the government did not want them to carry any USGI equipment in the early days, so he had to buy the commercial (Plainfield) rifles and have them shipped over to him ... but he was reimbursed for buying them. The French-made ammunition was bought locally in Vietnam.

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    AFAIK the French M1 is not very collectible since it has no firing pin. They were all removed during the manufacture process since they were a necessity on the rifles. The ammo is not very valuable either since it has no powder and the primers were just metal inserts. If you can find one that was fired then that is a whole different story. LOL

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    AFAIK the French M1 is not very collectible since it has no firing pin. They were all removed during the manufacture process since they were a necessity on the rifles. The ammo is not very valuable either since it has no powder and the primers were just metal inserts. If you can find one that was fired then that is a whole different story. LOL

I know I don't look like it, but inside, I'm screaming with laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom