• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Pleasant surprise. I wasn't in the system Monday but my approved letter was in the mailbox when I got home today. 3 weeks and a few days total, not bad.

Read your post when I got home. Schlepped down to the "pod" with my key in my hand and hope in my heart. Opened my mailbox and BINGO my letter was there. Application was faxed in by The Gun Shop on 9/6. Almost 21 days from app to letter. I'm now moving into acquire mode. Silly question. Do I need to produce my letter at my friendly FFL when exercising my collector privilege?

Oh, 5! :D

Last edited:

i.c.spots

Jul 27, 2010
    Finksburg
    Read your post when I got home. Schlepped down to the "pod" with my key in my hand and hope in my heart. Opened my mailbox and BINGO my letter was there. Application was faxed in by The Gun Shop on 9/6. Almost 21 days from app to letter. I'm now moving into acquire mode. Silly question. Do I need to produce my letter at my friendly FFL when exercising my collector privilege?

All you need to do is check the box that says you are a MD Designated Collector on the application(s) for a transfer of a regulated firearm. MSP does the verification of your status.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012

Congrats! No more 30 day wait BS!

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Still gotta wait 7 days for regulated pieces tho. :(

yeah but you are no longer limited to one purchase every 30 days. With all the great Group Buys and my other firearm interests, this is awesome. No longer will I risk missing out on any deals because I can't make a purchase for another few weeks. It's not a "perfect" system, yes it would be better with NO wait after your first purchase, but is much better not being limited to one a month.

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    yeah but you are no longer limited to one purchase every 30 days. With all the great Group Buys and my other firearm interests, this is awesome. No longer will I risk missing out on any deals because I can't make a purchase for another few weeks. It's not a "perfect" system, yes it would be better with NO wait after your first purchase, but is much better not being limited to one a month.

Exactly! How many times have you seen a piece on GB or at one of our IPs that you really wanted but couldn't take down because of a recent purchase? The letter is free and requires no more effort than a regulated purchase. Why wouldn't you? Sure, our rights should not be subject to any interval or whim but working the system to the limit is the least I can do.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Exactly! How many times have you seen a piece on GB or at one of our IPs that you really wanted but couldn't take down because of a recent purchase? The letter is free and requires no more effort than a regulated purchase. Why wouldn't you? Sure, our rights should not be subject to any interval or whim but working the system to the limit is the least I can do.

:thumbsup::party29:

Well said. Make them realize that we will use passive resistance to make their system implode, due to all the approval forms they have to process. Wait, do they have an auto-pen? If not, somebody is going to get a nasty case of Carpal Tunnel because of me after the new year starts. :lol2::lol2:

DisguisedRope

Insert clever title here
    Apr 23, 2012
    I want too turn in my form, have it filled out but don't know where to get it notarized. Does anyone know of a place to get things notarized in St Mary's County?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    are they still requiring purchases before approving the DC status?

Not that I'm aware of. I didn't have any "regulated" purchases for a month after I applied. (had a few right before it though...?)

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    Not that I'm aware of. I didn't have any "regulated" purchases for a month after I applied. (had a few right before it though...?)

Right, thats my problem. all my firearm purchases were before i moved to MD so i have no record of buying anything here. I applied last year for DC status and was told i had to have a regulated purchase before they would approve me.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Right, thats my problem. all my firearm purchases were before i moved to MD so i have no record of buying anything here. I applied last year for DC status and was told i had to have a regulated purchase before they would approve me.

I don't see the problem in a sense, if you are going to buy a regulated firearm, buy it, then apply for your designated collector status.
    You stated that you applied last year but you haven't bought a regulated firearm since then? Maybe I'm missing something in your post but the main reason for getting the DC is to not have to wait the 30 days between purchases.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I never knew you had to make "regulated" purchases to be accepted as a collector.

Does it state that on the application? It shouldn't matter what the "main reason" for doing it is,.... should it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom