Colorado fighting back, can we do this too?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    Maybe, after the B.S. that has been going on in the legislature recently, not just 2A related either, we can convince Del. Smiegel and his like minded fellows to work on getting a procedure in, if we have none?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I think adjusting the state constitution would require referendum - can anyone confirm?

It would, but it just might be possible if enough people are pissed off with our current government. Plus, I think a recall should always be available to The People. We should not have to wait 4 years to get rid of a moron that we elect that then goes on to break all his/her promises after getting elected.

I am betting that is something the "Founding Fathers" never thought would be necessary back in the day. Hey, 2nd Amendment restrictions evolve. Politician restriction should evolve too. Way too many thing happening nowadays that the Found Fathers never thought about.

And yes, I know the Maryland Constitution was not written by the actual Founding Fathers.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I don't think MD has a recall procedure.

We have 2014 elections coming up though

June 3rd is the cut off date to switch parties for this election cycle.

April 9th is when registration starts for Delegates and Senators in Annapolis, cost is $50.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    These anti-gun politicians are pushing the wrong buttons.

Stupid seems to be infecting many State Representatives throughout the United States. It just shows how many “followers” we have in public office.

sfchoffman

Full Battle Rattle
    Feb 18, 2013
    Do you really think in a one power state, there would be a way to stop or recall the laws that they burden us with. Oh yeah we have the referendum, and they are working on making that harder to do....and they will, mark my word. Three controlled jusrisdictions make policy for the rest of us smucks to live by...

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Serious question, does a proposed law/referendum have to go through Annapolis to get on the ballet for next year? Basically, can we run petitions for both the gun bill and term limits at the same time. We're almost guaranteed to get the signatures if we can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom