Colorado rep labeled as traitor;Being recalled...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Good. I hope he gets recalled. I hope there are many more politicians that get recalled across the nation. I wish we would have enough people in support of the 2A that we could do it here. If you don't want to be called a traitor then do what the people want not what furthers your career.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I thought treason was a hanging offense?

The oath of office is supposed to be sacred- you take the mantle of leadership, you accept the consequences of betraying that oath- death

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Traitors deserve worse.

This man is not a traitor.

This is a man we disagree with.

We may disagree with him. We may hate his stance. But he is trying to serve his state and his country as he sees best.

Misguided, yes. On the wrong side of history, yes. But not a traitor.

We would all be wise to use such words sparingly. Maybe if tempers cooled down on both sides just a little bit, we could make gun control advocates understand why we are so protective of our rights instead of just shouting inflammatory remarks at them.

No, I'm not suggesting any sort of compromise on our rights. We've compromised enough already and shouldn't any further. But maybe we'd have an easier time winning people over if we talked to them like, you know, people.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

We may disagree with him. We may hate his stance. But he is trying to serve his state and his country as he sees best.

We would all be wise to use such words sparingly. Maybe if tempers cooled down on both sides just a little bit, we could make gun control advocates understand why we are so protective of our rights instead of just shouting inflammatory remarks at them.

No, I'm not suggesting any sort of compromise on our rights. We've compromised enough already and shouldn't any further. But maybe we'd have an easier time winning people over if we talked to them like, you know, people.

He is not a traitor in regard to his country.

He IS a traitor to his constituents. He ran on a pro-2A platform to get elected then flipped.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    He is not a traitor in regard to his country.

He IS a traitor to his constituents. He ran on a pro-2A platform to get elected then flipped.

That makes him a politician, not a traitor.

Politicians are dealt with in entirely different ways than traitors. We would all be wise to remember that.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

That's the problem with legislators today. I don't care what HE thinks is best. He got elected on whatever platform he ran on. If he reversed his stance, then he should be recalled.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This article is not really addressing the recall of this politician. It really points out that this organization in CO is a right leaning organization with little accountability and how they have posted questionable article and actually posted a report of the meeting before the meeting took place.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    He's a traitor to humanity. He wants to use violence against nonviolent individuals. That makes him a despicable person, end of story. Yes, it really is that simple.

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    That makes him a politician, not a traitor.

Politicians are dealt with in entirely different ways than traitors. We would all be wise to remember that.

I must have a broken dictionary, because mine is telling me that abandoning the beliefs of your peers and turning on them for personal gain is an act of a traitor.

SirMrManGuy

Feb 14, 2010
    Taupo NZ

+1 The way we present our message is important. 2A is an American issue, not a right vs left wing issue. Sometimes in politics there are different viewpoints, different sides to a story and different solutions. But in this case, there is only one answer, there is a right side here and it's our job to guide the misinformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom