• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I'll never understand why Colt, Stag, Ruger, Remington, Kimber, etc... stays where they are. It's insane that a company would volunterily stay in such a hostile business environment to the products they make.

Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    In the long run I think Colt relocating to a free state would be best for all us. I still feel bad for the company, employees, and state. I suppose it's like going through a divorce when there is that much history involved.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I'll never understand why Colt, Stag, Ruger, Remington, Kimber, etc... stays where they are. It's insane that a company would volunterily stay in such a hostile business environment to the products they make.

Until teleporter technology is perfected, it's a non-trivial matter to move a factory. Need new workers trained. The business people need to be moved and/or replaced.

And judging by Star Trek, teleporter tech is still flakey 300 years from now.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

They've been there 170 years, they are part of the history of CT. Magpul's move was easy, they've been there for what, 10? It takes a lot to uproot that much history from what has been your home for generations.

I'm glad to see that they are growing some balls though. I think all the support they are seeing from the police loophole group has given them a lot of encouragement.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    They've been there 170 years, they are part of the history of CT. Magpul's move was easy, they've been there for what, 10? It takes a lot to uproot that much history from what has been your home for generations.

I'm glad to see that they are growing some balls though. I think all the support they are seeing from the police loophole group has given them a lot of encouragement.

Maryland has a history of fvcking the taxpayers and giving free shit to the slugs. Changing history isn't always a bad thing. Colt went bankrupt once before because of union demands.... history repeating itself? I dunno.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I really hope they do. If all the big name makers packed up and moved it would be an awesome display of FU to the states that restrict us/them. Freedom isn't free.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I think Colt and Beretta know (or will know) that their bread and butter is CIVILIAN SALES. If either stay, they will lose market share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom