• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I got that ad as well, interested but I can't verify a 6920 R has a heavy barrel. The site claims they ship to Md. Anyone know if it's a fair price ?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I got that ad as well, interested but I can't verify a 6920 R has a heavy barrel. The site claims they ship to Md. Anyone know if it's a fair price ?

I'm 99% sure the Trooper comes with a standard M4 profile barrel with a special low profile gas block for the handguard. A similar rifle, the EPR, is the same upper. Well to be fair, there are a couple generations of the Centurion Arms handguard.

If I wasn't in MD, I would buy one. Colt is offering the same upper standalone that is priced a little more than the total for that complete rifle... You would need a pre 2013 lower of course.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I'm 99% sure the Trooper comes with a standard M4 profile barrel with a special low profile gas block for the handguard. A similar rifle, the EPR, is the same upper. Well to be fair, there are a couple generations of the Centurion Arms handguard.

If I wasn't in MD, I would buy one. Colt is offering the same upper standalone that is priced a little more than the total for that complete rifle... You would need a pre 2013 lower of course.
    Thanks, I am in Md. also, so I think I'll pass.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    Would love to have an FFl chime in on this. Would they transfer in MD. ?
    I’d be in for one too.
    I’m not in for a 1200$ crapshoot

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Engage Armament has the Colt CR6940 for sale and claim it's legal in Maryland because it has a one-piece upper that does not fit the definition of a "banned" rifle. I see that the model Colt LE6940P is listed as banned. So, which is it? Are these legal to buy?

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    If they sell it
    You can buy it
    Md “ ban list “ is not legally binding but suggestive. Prohibition by confusion
    What the the 6940 go for 2 k. With the moco mark up ??

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    If they sell it
    You can buy it
    Md “ ban list “ is not legally binding but suggestive. Prohibition by confusion
    What the the 6940 go for 2 k. With the moco mark up ??
    They want $1500 for it, but you can find them for less. I agree with your analysis, but it would be nice if all MD dealers agreed. I want one!

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    I wish Md dealers had less hoops and msp would just stop supporting unconstitutional nonsense
    I’m not slinging dirt on engage.
    I personally like them ok just not the sticker shock

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Could you use a new production virgin Colt Lower?

My understanding is this, if the upper is not labeled as an HBAR by the manufacturer, you cannot legally install it on a lower purchased post 2013. There are other threads on this subject with folks more in the the know than me.

Most FFLs want some type of pre notification of having a firearm transferred through them. If they say it’s good to go, then I guess you are covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom