• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    As of May 1st, there will be some necessary changes to the Industry Partners program here at Maryland Shooters.

Following that date, Industry Partners will be assessed a modest annual fee in order to continue participation in the program.

Up to this point, the forum has been funded largely through money raised at the group shoots. With changes in the administrators' personal and professional lives, these shoots have simply not been feasible this year. Many of our IPs were extremely generous in their support of the group shoots through donations of products or services.

To date, several current IPs have responded and will be allowed to continue their forums and other interactions with the members here at MDS.

These IPs recognize the value of this community to their businesses and have elected to continue their relationship with the forum:

Mid-Atlantic Firearms Training
    Engage Armament LLC
    2A Sales & Supplies
    Genesis Firearms
    Proactive Shooters
    Freestate Gun Range
    The Gun Shop
    JoeBobOutfitters.Com
    Gun Connection
    Central Virginia Tactical
    Keep Shooting
    Scott's Gunsmithing
    John Carduner, Gunsmith
    Hafer's Gunsmithing & Archery Services
    Accurate Pawn and Tackle
    High Rock Outfitters
    Shooter's Discount
    Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy
    B&S Personal Safety and Firearms Education
    Bri-Bet Group
    Thunderstick Enterprises LLC

The other IPs who have not paid to continue this relationship will have their forums discontinued and will no longer be permitted to actively solicit for their businesses.

We will be posting a static directory of businesses that are not registered IPs as a service to the membership, but we will be taking an admittedly protectionist stance and will limit advertisements only to those Industry Partners who have paid their annual fee.

In the 7 years of the forum's existence, this is the first time that anyone has been charged for the use of this service and we feel that the continuation of the Industry Partner forums is a better alternative than pop-up ads that clutter everyone's user experience.

This is subject to change at some future date and should a reduction or the elimination of the fee-based system be feasible we will consider it as an admin team.

If your favorite business is no longer a part of the IP program after May 1, you can feel free to ask them to join as you value their participation here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I was also amazed there is no Donate options in the store. Most Boards that are ran as good as this one have an annual fee, or option to be a supporting member for "extra" benefits. I like the idea of being completely free for access by all. I would like to have the option to donate for operating costs. I am sure all these 2A threads blowing up is taking rack space...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To date I have not provided a means to donate, but I may add a link at some point since people constantly ask. I do appreciate the offer!

What a bunch of pests these people are......:D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    As members is there some way we can make donations to the forum to help?

I was also amazed there is no Donate options in the store. Most Boards that are ran as good as this one have an annual fee, or option to be a supporting member for "extra" benefits. I like the idea of being completely free for access by all. I would like to have the option to donate for operating costs. I am sure all these 2A threads blowing up is taking rack space...

What a bunch of pests these people are......:D

As Don says....it may come as a voluntary thing, but the forum has always been provided as a service to the community without the expectation that the membership would have to pay.

We felt it better to address it from the business perspective.

Stay tuned.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    To date I have not provided a means to donate, but I may add a link at some point since people constantly ask. I do appreciate the offer!

Please do. MDS has been invaluable to us all in general, but in particular and recently has been critical in reacting to first Woollard and the applications and then gathering the troops to rally against HB 579. I have no doubt we would have lost that battle had it not been for both MSI and MDS.

I would gladly voluntarily contribute annually if there was such a link. And the fact that others have asked that indicates I am not alone.

Regardless I have in the past and will in the future continue to patronize IPs here on MDS. The 2A community is a relatively small one and we all need each other to survive. And I for one back up my beliefs with my wallet to the extent possible.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    As Don says....it may come as a voluntary thing, but the forum has always been provided as a service to the community without the expectation that the membership would have to pay.

We felt it better to address it from the business perspective.

Stay tuned.

Will this result in an increase in gun prices?:lol:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Hypothetical situation, papi post a link to something for 100 bucks that isn't for sale by site sponso, will said link in papi's post be deleted?

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Hypothetical situation, papi post a link to something for 100 bucks that isn't for sale by site sponso, will said link in papi's post be deleted?

In most cases I would say no, unless it is suspected that it is a retailer attempting to circumvent the system by using others to post ads for them. The main point of the IP program is the sub-forum with permission to advertise.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I will gladly donate. As soon as you set one up I will send a few bucks. Just the money that I have saved here is a big bonus.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Just wondering, this site has been about the most ad free I've seen in a while. I've also seen moderation so bad that every link to an item for sale outside of the site vendors was deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom