• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    Written by Head of the old Headsbunker.com, also known as "Ezra Coli" on the various message boards.

There's an ever present, unending debate over which is best, ARs or AKs, raging across the internet and in gun shops every day sending bile and bitter insults spewing both ways.

This debate has turned fathers against sons, best friends against one another, and........well you get the point. The author is of the opinion that there are of course pros and cons to each family of rifle, and I refuse to engage in what is "best". As one who loves them all, especially the AK and AR series, I thought I'd pass on some of the knowledge I have gained over the years concerning these wildly different weapons.

As a bonus, I'll toss in my knowledge of another favorite family of weapons at the Bunker, just because they are very popular these days and I often ramble about them. So, here, for the aid of those hammering one another in the debate, is some unbiased, non-slanted, untainted raw knowledge about the AK, the AR, and the Mosin Nagant.

http://mouseguns.com/compare.htm

Feb 6, 2012
    My brother used to have a Mosin, but then got into ARs. I still have a Mosin and he gave me an AR, but I still love my Mosin. He showed this to me around that time.

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    I know the parts about the AK are true. I bought a cheap stamped Romanian AK that I love to shoot. I don't take care of it at all but it's a lot of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom