• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    I have an old 1977 Remington 1100 that was given to me by my grandmother (aka Grambo back in the day) and I happened to come across http://www.gunmuse.com/Reviews/Remington%201100%20Competition%20Master%20and%20Mockup . I want to do something with it because right now it has 30" skeet barrel on it and is seems a little tired and with a little love could be a nice little home defense shotgun without doing anything real drastic. Being a complete noob to shotguns, am i wasting my time or is there another route that I should look at? I will appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks
    Tom

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Keep the gun as is, dont change it. Clean it up and keep it in your gun cabinet. Take your money to buy an 870 or 500 and use that for home defense.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Sounds like a plan. Was at Bass Pro yesterday and was looking at a 500. Seems like the slide was very flimsy. Will take a look at the 870. How do you all feel about the Benelli Super Nova Tactical?

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    The Supernova is a really nice shotgun, but it all depends on how much money you want to spend. Im not sure about the different mods that you can do to a Supernova, but there's a ton of different things that you can do to 500s and 870s. The slop in the 500 slide is normal, I said the same thing when I first got mine, but it has never given me any problems.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Thanks

The Supernova is a really nice shotgun, but it all depends on how much money you want to spend. Im not sure about the different mods that you can do to a Supernova, but there's a ton of different things that you can do to 500s and 870s. The slop in the 500 slide is normal, I said the same thing when I first got mine, but it has never given me any problems.

Thanks again for the good info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom