• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I watched some of your videos and those steel shoots look like fun. Maybe I can convince my son and brother to come out with me and give it a try. I saw the part about side shields being required. We used to use the side shields shown in my link at work, are they sufficient to meet the rule for the steel shots?

Amazon product ASIN B002A5DLP4
    Maybe...:shrug: Officially, we require proper wrap around safety glasses. I'm not OSHA. While I could probably recognize and disapprove a pair of Dollar Store readers that only come halfway up your eyes, if you tell me your glasses are polycarbonate and there is some sort of protection on the sides, I'll most likely take your word for it.

Personally, I'd wear over the glasses...uhh... glasses. There are options that aren't laboratory splash proof goggles with the excess elastic flapping by your ears anymore. This is one example that I bought:

MCR Safety Glasses OG110AF Law Over The Glass Safety Dialectric Glasses, Polycarbonate Clear Lens with UV Protection, Scratch Resistant and Anti-Fog Coating , 1 Pair https://a.co/d/buGJlb8

There are others. While you may not want to wear them to church, nobody at a steel shoot is going to say you look dorky while wearing effective safety glasses ;)

Eyes are important and worth a little short term inconvenience to protect.

Come on out and shoot with us! :gun3:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0033V67N2?ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&tag=jdteta-20&th=1

Soo...that link goes to the right product. I don't understand why it doesn't automatically embed in my post and show a preview. I've tried a couple times...but I'm on my phone:shrug:

Here's a screenshot of what it should look like:
    Screenshot_20231219-233010_Chrome.jpg

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Southern Lancaster County Farmers and Sportsman Association (SLCFSA) is limiting their membership this coming year. They are only doing three membership orientation dates this coming year.(2024)

NEW MEMBERSHIP 2024

You can only join SLCFSA as a New Member in person at an orientation.

You can NOT join SLCFSA online.

THE SLCFSA MEMBERSHIP FORM IS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEBSITE

It is for hard copy renewal and New Members ONLY. It is NOT for online renewal.

NEW membership forms and payments are not to be submitted and they will not be accepted until orientation day, in person.

Membership Orientation Sign up has started as of 12/1/2023. Please visit this link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0845A9A82BA1FAC61-46254785-2024

New Membership

*You must be at least 18 years old to apply for membership.

*There are three (3) 2024 orientation dates when you can apply for membership. (Listed below)

*Each orientation is limited to 150 persons who can apply for membership.

*Pre-registration is required, you can only register at this link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0845A9A82BA1FAC61-46254785-2024

*Registration begins on December 1st 2023 and ends when (450) persons have registered for

the orientation dates, or Friday April 5th if (450) registrations have not been filled.

*Registration will only ask for your name. It will be checked against a roster at orientation.

*You can register for any one (1) of the three (3) dates. You can only register for one (1) date.

*The registration site will shut down when (150) registrations have been entered for each date.

If the date you select will not accept your request try another date. When all (3) dates reach

(150) registrations the registration site will become inactive.

*Those who do not have online access for registration, ask a friend or family member or you
    can use the public library system. Do not contact SLCFSA requesting that you be registered,
    you must register yourself using the online registration website.

Orientation takes place at 742 Hollow Road New Providence PA 17560.

New Member Fee: $200 due at orientation – check or money order only.

Payable to SLCFSA. NO CASH

2024 Orientation dates: Please arrive by 8:30am for a 9:00am start time.

• Sunday, February 11th at 9am. Full
    • Saturday, March 9th at 9am. Had about 35 signed up as of Monday 12/19
    • Sunday, April 7th at 9am About 10 signed up so far.

Membership Orientation Sign up has started as of 12/1/2023. Please visit this link – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0845A9A82BA1FAC61-46254785-2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom