• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I know Cali passed a bill that took effect in 2018 that requires them to be serialized, can pick your own serial# ie Feinstein69
    Doesn’t really defeat the purpose, $550-600 gets you a NIB Stock Glock after taxes or FFL fee here in MD. $600 with a P80 build can make one nice custom Glock tailored exactly to your taste
    Hawaii also requires state registration, but I don't remember if no serial number was okay. IIRC, Hawaii does require one.

My goal, and that's me, is to have something off the books. So in that sense, registering it would defeat the goal of building it in the first place.

I do like completing the things anyway for thbe sense of accomplishment.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Hawaii also requires state registration, but I don't remember if no serial number was okay. IIRC, Hawaii does require one.

My goal, and that's me, is to have something off the books. So in that sense, registering it would defeat the goal of building it in the first place.

I do like completing the things anyway for thbe sense of accomplishment.

Agreed..That was the entire point of me building a 80% frame, because freedom and just knowing you helped create something makes it more personal and permanent in your collection

Gatman

Adequate Member
    May 24, 2013
    Calvert

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_174419.jpg
      IMG_20180124_174419.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 1,131
    Last edited:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    If you register a homemade, why put a serial number on it. No serial number is required in Maryland.

But registering it with or without serial number kinda defeats the purpose of building it in the first place...

Agreed... I was just pointing that out for those that are nervous about a gun with no serial number. It does not bother me, many of mine that I built are not serialized, some are, none registered. ;)

The P80's have a serial tag that can be laser engraved and if I were to serialize one, that is how I would do it..

I don't see the point of selling completed ones, as anyone can complete one and have it serialized, or have it serialized and then complete it, depending on state laws where they may reside.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    P80 is obviously gearing up to selling complete guns. They list triggers, frames, slides, slide parts, and barrels on their site. It's the next step in their venture, IMO. People buy serialized Glock frames and send them away for stippling and re-contours, they'll buy these all day long......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom