• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    I have received my to parts kits for a Romanian '70s M-63 and a Polish Tantal. I have sent away for the No Dak Spud receivers. I'm looking at gatting the compliance parts in hand. As these will be my first builds, I have been cincerned that the Tapco parts may not fit the 5.45X39 Tantal. In comparing the gas piston between the Romanian and the Polish, I find that the Tantal piston is shorter :tdown: that the Romanian (also pulled my Romanian SAR-2, both Romanians are the same length).

Anyone have any experience with the Tantal? What did you do for compliance parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW: The Tantal is all matching, great grey phosphate finish, mostly demilled; The Romanian is matching from two different guns, main rifle parts match, fire control parts match themselves but not the rifle, rifle shows finish wear. Both have great bores.:lol:

turbosc20

Nov 6, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    hard to read but

tantal1.JPG

tantal3.JPG

tantal2.JPG

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Here's 2 simple/cheap ones for your mags :thumbsup:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=538640

With your hammer, trigger, disconnect and receiver, that'll be the 6 parts you need.

ETA: Oh yea, you'll have to modify the trigger some and demil the 3 round burst mechanism. I got a diagram somewhere.

I wouldn't use mag parts as compliance parts... I'd rather be able to use any mag I find on the net or at a show and not worry about having to spend $10-15 more to make the magazine "compliant"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom