• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    If the compliance parts brings it up to 922r standard. Why Would I need to replace the Gas piston? I was thinking rivets or welds. When we put them together, will we be able to do either?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Gibby- Rivet sets are $9. I can order you a set to save you on shipping and I can either get it to you next time I'm at Continental or when we all get together to de-mill. Let me know if you want me to order a set for you.

If the compliance parts brings it up to 922r standard. Why Would I need to replace the Gas piston? I was thinking rivets or welds. When we put them together, will we be able to do either?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Alright, about to order from AK Builder. Do I need the center support for the metal? Also, do we have the necessary tools for the build? I only want to order one more time......

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    You need a center support for your flat, if you are doing a flat.

Gibby-Numidian's compliance parts kits include the gas piston as one of the 922 parts. If you don't want to mess with it you could get a different part- like a flash hider- ak builder carries them.

As far as tools go, the only thing I haven't heard mentioned was a trigger guard jig...someone may have one of those...

building an AK is much more complicated than an FAL. I think I'll get another one of those....:D

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Thanks, I will order more center supports (I ordered one the last time-just in case I needed it for the regular build).
    Leroygibbs says he has a trigger guard jig and wants to come out.
    As for the FAL's --- leave some kits for the rest of us:)

You need a center support for your flat, if you are doing a flat.

Gibby-Numidian's compliance parts kits include the gas piston as one of the 922 parts. If you don't want to mess with it you could get a different part- like a flash hider- ak builder carries them.

As far as tools go, the only thing I haven't heard mentioned was a trigger guard jig...someone may have one of those...

building an AK is much more complicated than an FAL. I think I'll get another one of those....:D

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Thanks, I will order more center supports (I ordered one the last time-just in case I needed it for the regular build).
    Leroygibbs says he has a trigger guard jig and wants to come out.
    As for the FAL's --- leave some kits for the rest of us:)

There's another really nice imbel kit on the FAL files right now...

and I only have three....(not counting the SARCO minus barrel kit I picked up for parts...)

Speaking of FAL's see my post in the rifle section....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Gibby- I ordered your rivet kit and gas piston rivet. Should be here sometime next week.

Drmsparks- I also ordered the center posts. I saw the new post on the para's, I'm afraid I fit that bill......Gotta get out and fire it someday - along with my other half dozen that are still unfired:sad20:
    I had pics sent of the kit you told me about-looked good. I was thinking about getting it when I received notice that my renter is moving out at the end of Feb. With having to pay two mortgages looming in the very near future, my purchasing of stuff is taking a back seat.

There's another really nice imbel kit on the FAL files right now...

and I only have three....(not counting the SARCO minus barrel kit I picked up for parts...)

Speaking of FAL's see my post in the rifle section....

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    You are the man! PM me the amount and an address that I can send the money to. Thanks again.

Gibby- rivet set and gas piston rivet are in. We can settle up when we all do the de-mill, or when Jeep tells me my Stratus is ready for pick up :innocent0

Numidian- ordered you a set as well if you want them (consider it payment for using your jig)....;)

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Gibby- rivet set and gas piston rivet are in. We can settle up when we all do the de-mill, or when Jeep tells me my Stratus is ready for pick up :innocent0

Numidian- ordered you a set as well if you want them (consider it payment for using your jig)....;)

A rivet set or a 4 gas piston rivets?

Either way thats awesome, and I"ll hit you up with the cash for them when I meet you in person.

Consider paying for shipping payment for using the jig haha :party29:

Also...I'd like to start getting compliance kits out to folks... If you're going to be in Hazzard County anytime soon, PM me and we can arrange a pickup...

I'm flexible in how these get distributed... Also if anyone wants, I'm not against just dropping kits in the mail, they're small enough that shipping should be pretty cheap...

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Got you a set of rivets and gas piston rivet

Distribution would be infinitely easier with a de-mill party in a certain person's garage.....:innocent0 You know anyone that could volunteer on that?

A rivet set or a 4 gas piston rivets?

Either way thats awesome, and I"ll hit you up with the cash for them when I meet you in person.

Consider paying for shipping payment for using the jig haha :party29:

Also...I'd like to start getting compliance kits out to folks... If you're going to be in Hazzard County anytime soon, PM me and we can arrange a pickup...

I'm flexible in how these get distributed... Also if anyone wants, I'm not against just dropping kits in the mail, they're small enough that shipping should be pretty cheap...

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Got you a set of rivets and gas piston rivet

Distribution would be infinitely easier with a de-mill party in a certain person's garage.....:innocent0 You know anyone that could volunteer on that?

Sounds good to me...but I'm gonna have to be an asshat here and inform you all that this weekend and next I'm busy... March 1st is going to be the first Saturday I have open... If some folks wanted to come up, we could probably work that out... Of course that next morning I leave for Vail, CO.

Maybe the weekend of March 8th would be better... I get back from Vail on the 7th...

Honestly it doesn't really matter. If some of you wanted to come one day and some on another or hell, even both days, that would be fine with me... I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead :party29:

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Sounds good to me...but I'm gonna have to be an asshat here and inform you all that this weekend and next I'm busy... March 1st is going to be the first Saturday I have open... If some folks wanted to come up, we could probably work that out... Of course that next morning I leave for Vail, CO.

Maybe the weekend of March 8th would be better... I get back from Vail on the 7th...

Honestly it doesn't really matter. If some of you wanted to come one day and some on another or hell, even both days, that would be fine with me... I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead :party29:

What's the situation on compliance parts? Have they come in yet? No big deal over the date of the demil/build. I have about everything but the compliance parts. Have not demiled yet.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    What's the situation on compliance parts? Have they come in yet? No big deal over the date of the demil/build. I have about everything but the compliance parts. Have not demiled yet.

Yes I've got them sitting in the corner of our library, along with my 3 kits, my little brother's kit, my flats, the bending jig, and 1000rds of x39 :lol:

If you happen to be headed up to Hazzard, I can meet up with you, or my brother or hell even my mom :party29:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    No asshat-age. You never gave a date-just that you were willing and had some tools. Plus, you needed to clear out the garage.
    Unfortunately, I leave March 5th and don't come back until April 3rd. I will be spending a couple of weeks at Bassett Army base in Fairbanks, AK -probably freezing my A$$ off....:sad20:
    I don't know if I'll be able to make March 1st, but if anyone wants to try and get together before then-that would be great. I know I'm going to be playing catch up with all of you after this trip to Alaska.

If I can't make a transfer of the rivet sets in person, I'll make sure to get addresses and get them out before I go out of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom