• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Second the PPS m2 suggestion. If you put a 7 or 8 round mag in it, you gain the place for your pinky! Oh, and the takedown is very glock-like. :D

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    Takedown is my only complaint about my sig 290. Kind of a pain but at least it's not something I do daily. It just has a pretty small pin that you have to punch out with something like a pen or cuff key.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Big write up in shooting illustrated on the m2
    Favorable? You're welcome to shoot mine at the Dottrio event if you don't scratch this itch before then. Note, there is a PPQ M2 and a PPS M2, so some folks might miss what you're referring to.

If you can't find an IP that has them in stock, www.gunbuyer.com usually has very competitive prices for Walthers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Favorable? You're welcome to shoot mine at the Dottrio event if you don't scratch this itch before then. Note, there is a PPQ M2 and a PPS M2, so some folks might miss what you're referring to.

If you can't find an IP that has them in stock, www.gunbuyer.com usually has very competitive prices for Walthers.

$379 on gunbuyer. If I can find a cheap FFL it could be a steal.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I know this has been covered but a search hasn't produced anything.

My Utah permit is coming and just in case I'm in one of the states I'm allowed to carry I better get a carry pistol.

I'm looking for a sub-$1000 9mm carry pistol you can wear with a t-shirt and khakis for a 5'9" 160lbs person.

I have tested a bunch but nothing really struck my fancy. I like the Kimber Micro9 and Wilson Combat but really, the prices are out there. Won't do Glock.

What do you recommend?
    Springfield xds 9mm 3.3 :thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    $379 on gunbuyer. If I can find a cheap FFL it could be a steal.

Gunrunners in Frederick is usually $50 for handguns, and if you ever become a member of Monocacy Pistol Club, significantly less. Give them a courtesy call ahead of time if you plan order something to be delivered there. Gunbuyer should already have them as an approved FFL (as I've purchased through Gunbuyer and used Gunrunners as my FFL in the past).

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    There are a ton of choices. My top recommendations are the M&P Shield, Glock 43 and the Ruger LC9 Pro. Glock being the lightest of these 3, and the most customizable, the Ruger for the best out of the box trigger and the best all around, Shield. My wife carries a Performance Center Shield. I carry the Glock. Though, to compete with the PCS, I had to add night sights and a Ghost connector to smooth and lighten the trigger. There are several other single stack 9mm iterations, I've just had experience with these three. Here's a good article from Guns and Ammo, to help you decide for yourself.http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/compacts/single-stack-9mm-shootout/

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Tested out a few today. MP Shield was probably the best. I liked the PPS M2 but it was a little bulky. Sig P290 is in the running and I hate to say it but the one Glock I tried was nice too.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    They didn't have one available for testing. Someone was using it. I'll have to go back.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    They didn't have one available for testing. Someone was using it. I'll have to go back.

I personally use a Sig P320 Carry, you can get the smaller sizes as well. but I also use a Taurus PT709 Slim, you cant see the damn thing with a IWB holster and a polo shirt.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    Look at and shsoot a Springfield XDS and the XD Mod 2. XDS is single stack and Mod 2 is double stack. 3.3 inch barrels, available in 9, 40 45. I love mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom