• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jpaul97

Feb 24, 2023
    Kent Island, MD
    Are CCW holders allowed to conceal carry at Merriweather? On the list of prohibited items it says firearms but I don’t know if that holds weight to CCW. Haven’t been there in a long time so I don’t know if they pat you down, or have metal detectors. The police are bound to be there, which would probably complicate an entrance refusal from a security guard who’s feeling the “authority” they have.

Has anyone had experience there?

Their prohibited firearms policy has no legal ramifications, at least not until the new laws take effect. All they could do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse.

It's been several years since I've been there but they didn't have metal detectors or anything last time I was there. I would just carry there and if they have metal detectors put it in a lock box secured in your vehicle. They do have Police and security actively patrol the parking lots so I wouldnt worry to much about theft.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    I was there earlier this month. They have those OpenGate poles, or something similar. My keys and cellphone set it off. I think I'd leave it in the car just to avoid the hassle. I'm not confident the kids working the gates would have a calm and reasonable reaction to a legal CCW.

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    I was there twice this month for concerts. They poke in your bags for liquids primarily but there are metal detectors. Not likely to let a weapon get through CCW permit or not.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    Doesn’t matter if you have a permit or not. If they find something they don’t like they ask you take it back to wherever you came from or throw it away. My steel toe boots set off the alarm but they never check them. :innocent0

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Carrying in a crowded venue like that is one thing, being able to take shots with people running around an enclosed venue is another.

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    I go to Merriweather quite often and I would say no, the "Security" walking around are off duty HCP and they are not armed. You can pick them out very easy by the way they are dressed and the wire in their ear is a dead giveaway.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Look at it this way. If you think it's easy for a bad guy to get a gun in there, then you'd have no problem, right?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    HCP patrols outside the gates at Merriweather, they will go inside if need be or asked to by Merriweather. Patrol officers and SWAT guys picking up OT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom