• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    There was a lot of good information, but the delivery seemed chaotic. The actual content starts with some requirements for a holster, then favorite holster, then some random safety stuff, then there is a segment about carry how you train, then back to favorite holsters, then junk holsters…

You should work from a structured outline to make the presentation more focused. Just suggesting something like:

1. Gun safety
    2. List your 3 or 4 critical requirements for a holster
    3. Show your favorite holsters individually and how they all meet the 4 requirements
    4. Explain how there are different ideal holsters for different situations. Sweatshirt carry vs summer clothes
    5. Show the worst holsters and explain why they do not meet the requirements

There is a lot of talking over each other. Maybe one dude talks safety and then the other guy talks holster requirements in a back and forth conversation

The blooper reel at the beginning made it look unprofessional. How was the car break in story relevant? That makes the video look silly and detracts from the information presented later. People will stop watching if it looks like a goof video from the start. It should have started with, “What’s up guys, I am Chris…”

There are about 20 holsters on the table. If you are not going to talk about each one specifically, they are a distraction and should not be there. IMO

I do not mean to be to harsh, the content presented could be very effective. It just needs a little massage on delivery/production.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    There was a lot of good information, but the delivery seemed chaotic. The actual content starts with some requirements for a holster, then favorite holster, then some random safety stuff, then there is a segment about carry how you train, then back to favorite holsters, then junk holsters…

You should work from a structured outline to make the presentation more focused. Just suggesting something like:

1. Gun safety
    2. List your 3 or 4 critical requirements for a holster
    3. Show your favorite holsters individually and how they all meet the 4 requirements
    4. Explain how there are different ideal holsters for different situations. Sweatshirt carry vs summer clothes
    5. Show the worst holsters and explain why they do not meet the requirements

There is a lot of talking over each other. Maybe one dude talks safety and then the other guy talks holster requirements in a back and forth conversation

The blooper reel at the beginning made it look unprofessional. How was the car break in story relevant? That makes the video look silly and detracts from the information presented later. People will stop watching if it looks like a goof video from the start. It should have started with, “What’s up guys, I am Chris…”

There are about 20 holsters on the table. If you are not going to talk about each one specifically, they are a distraction and should not be there. IMO

I do not mean to be to harsh, the content presented could be very effective. It just needs a little massage on delivery/production.
    You do realize your talking points just made a 90 minute video.
    I could do a 4 hour class on all of that.

I haven't watched the video and probably won't.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    You do realize your talking points just made a 90 minute video.
    I could do a 4 hour class on all of that.

I haven't watched the video and probably won't.

I based my talking points entirely on the topics they covered. So no it would not be a 90 minute video. They made a 10 minute video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom