• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    You should tell the pastor you're carrying. They might want to know who their go to guy is. You'll know then if your welcome to be there under those circumstances. Why would you want to be in a church where you are not welcome when your intent is to preserve life in the room if things go sideways. No different than when I turn away from a business that has a "no guns" allowed sign on the door. Let them suffer from their decision when they are robbed at unpoint and a life is lost.

On a side note to that thinking, seems businesses are and could be subject to a civil suit if someone is injured or killed by someone that could have been stopped, by a good guy, if patrons were allowed to conceal carry legally otherwise.

In a semi-related way a long time ago Marriott was sued because a woman was assaulted in a hotel lobby that had cameras on the walls. Turns out the cameras were a deterrent and not real, she sued thinking that she was under the impression they were working cameras providing active security when she checked in. She won her suit. At least when people see that "no gun" sign they know that there will be no way that their lives may be defended if someone entered with the wrong intent.
    I have a friend who gets to conduct his classroom Wear & Carry training at his church. Pastor was one of his first students. I'd definitely visit that church for Sunday service.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I have a friend who gets to conduct his classroom Wear & Carry training at his church. Pastor was one of his first students. I'd definitely visit that church for Sunday service.

That is awesome

BRIANtheBRAVE

Jun 20, 2013
    You should tell the pastor you're carrying. They might want to know who their go to guy is. You'll know then if your welcome to be there under those circumstances. Why would you want to be in a church where you are not welcome when your intent is to preserve life in the room if things go sideways. No different than when I turn away from a business that has a "no guns" allowed sign on the door. Let them suffer from their decision when they are robbed at unpoint and a life is lost.

On a side note to that thinking, seems businesses are and could be subject to a civil suit if someone is injured or killed by someone that could have been stopped, by a good guy, if patrons were allowed to conceal carry legally otherwise.

In a semi-related way a long time ago Marriott was sued because a woman was assaulted in a hotel lobby that had cameras on the walls. Turns out the cameras were a deterrent and not real, she sued thinking that she was under the impression they were working cameras providing active security when she checked in. She won her suit. At least when people see that "no gun" sign they know that there will be no way that their lives may be defended if someone entered with the wrong intent.
    An active Marine Major Carrie's in our church and the Pastor knows it but very few others do.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    <snip>

"Reverend, do you have a Security plan, in the event of an armed intruder?"

This is a great way to inquire, without revealing any concealed carry information, to determine if you want to broach any further discussion.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Jesus would want you to be armed when you go and get your God on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Luke 22:36

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    That's Joey Bagelweiss you are thinking of. If any of my Israeli brothers are offended, I apologize. I love God's chosen people!

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That's Joey Bagelweiss you are thinking of. If any of my Israeli brothers are offended, I apologize. I love God's chosen people!

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    That's Joseph Bagelweiss.

Or Yacov, if Orthodox

And a little known bible verse is Luke 8:30.2

Jesus asked him his name and he said Doc. And I have two guns, one for each of you.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Is that something people usually 'grow' out of once the novelty wears off?
    Took me about six months. I was pretty paranoid and felt I was doing it out of safety. My own very limited experience is with cops carrying off duty and the novelty of that wears off for most folks pretty quickly.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Took me about six months. I was pretty paranoid and felt I was doing it out of safety. My own very limited experience is with cops carrying off duty and the novelty of that wears off for most folks pretty quickly.
    That's what I was thinking, hoping. The sooner you get used to the discomfort, the less there will be a need to talk about it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That's what I was thinking, hoping. The sooner you get used to the discomfort, the less there will be a need to talk about it.
    You know the old joke:
    How do you know there's a navy SEAL/ fighter pilot/ CrossFit addict at your party?

Wait ten minutes and they'll tell everyone.

Some new gun carriers are just like that. They just have to show it off to everyone who they think will be impressed. They may take longer to get over it.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    You know the old joke:
    How do you know there's a navy SEAL/ fighter pilot/ CrossFit addict at your party?

Wait ten minutes and they'll tell everyone.

Some new gun carriers are just like that. They just have to show it off to everyone who they think will be impressed. They may take longer to get over it.
    Lol! Very true.

I think of it from an old man's perspective; stop complaining about you pains. Everybody has them(a lesson my boss has yet to learn).

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    You that are on church security teams, have you discussed how to handle people who want to open carry?

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I did a quick google search making sure there isn’t any law that denies our rights and couldn’t find any, but figured I’ll ask the “lawyers” of MDS.

Also I’m currently not a member of a church at the moment, so finding a 2A friendly church is a plus. Would you guys ask the pastor for permission to carry or find the hard way they’re not 2A friendly. Would hate to find great interest in a church just to find another that has same beliefs as me.
    Thanks!

There are defiantly PRO 2A Churches out there. I have had a few people in my Wear and Carry classes that are part of church security teams. Granted they didn't come to my training for active shooter training but wanted to finally get their W&C credentials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom