• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The article makes mention of proximity to a school several times. I'm positive in the time this guy was both an FFL and a firearms safety instructor, he never contemplated pointing one of his "arsenal" of firearms at a kid. Thank God the state intervened to save us from ourselves.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Steiner’s attorney said the 66-year old used to be a federally licensed gun dealer.

I am not a fan of knee jerk stuff. I does look like he needed to make sure his licenses were current, and he had some good gun safes. This guy isn't helping us any.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Okay outside the conjecture on the gunsmithing licence expiring, and not some much the alledged machine gun parts in possesion (serious and cause for charge admittedly), what is the crime here?

Is there a limit to the number of firearms one can posses in NY now?

TR

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Prosecutors said scarier still is the fact that Steiner’s Tree Street house is in the middle of a pattern of 25 recent burglaries.

Sounds like the thieves were avoiding his house. +1 for the gun owning homeowner!

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Okay outside the conjecture on the gunsmithing licence expiring, and not some much the alledged machine gun parts in possesion (serious and cause for charge admittedly), what is the crime here?

TR

Just ask the powers of that fine city/state they will tell you the magic number is..........Zero:sad20:

Wahama90

I read another article that said the person that turned him in was someone that had brought a gun to him. This is way you don't show anybody your firearms. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this happening more often with the $500 they are giving out to turn people in up there.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    I'll bet the "machine gun conversion" parts are bump-fire devices, because the one they showed was external to the receiver. Are those illegal in NY?

I'll bet the "machine gun conversion" parts are bump-fire devices, because the one they showed was external to the receiver. Are those illegal in NY?

This got me;"Just possession of this piece of metal is considered to be possession of a machine gun,” Spota said.

Was he wearing friggin' slippers?If not they might as well charge him with the shoe laces too.I guess he could have had a LL and that's what they're referring to.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

TR

I thought they wrote the law to only allow the possession of 2 firearms. More would have to be sold instate if still not banned or out of state if banned.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    This got me;"Just possession of this piece of metal is considered to be possession of a machine gun,” Spota said.

Was he wearing friggin' slippers?If not they might as well charge him with the shoe laces too.I guess he could have had a LL and that's what they're referring to.

Sounds like he had an auto sear.

Or a lightning link..

Sorry,that's what I meant when they said "piece of metal" (bold).

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    When I was in upstate NY a few weeks ago, I learned that every handgun must be licensed by the state. Then there's buying the ammo--one must show the license for that particular handgun to buy the caliber of ammo for it. No license-no ammo, so NY has some pretty tough laws regarding guns.

Unfortunately, he let his license lapse and it looks like he continued to do work and be in possession of many, many guns which may have violated NY law (I for one don't know). That doesn't look so good. Before coming to his defense or jumping on the police, I think it wise to wait for the real facts to come out. Just because he's a gun owner doesn't make him the automatic victim of police and government harassment.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I am not a fan of knee jerk stuff. I does look like he needed to make sure his licenses were current, and he had some good gun safes. This guy isn't helping us any.

Do you need to be a FFL to be a gunsmith? While his FFL lapsed 10 years ago, it looks like he was not selling, just smithing. What licenses do you need in NYS to be a 'smith?

Meat17

Aug 28, 2011
    Sign of the times my fellow 2A supporters. Media bias aside, it is indeed the government and personal agendas that infringe our rights. Rights are not something that should be voted on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom