Connecticut- The coming second shot heard around the world..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If people start shooting, it will give the powers that be a green light for national registration/confiscation. Again, it will be couched as a National Security issue and it will be done by fiat.

It's the last thing we need.

I'm very sure that there were colonialists who felt the same way. Even if they weren't sympathizing with the crown, they had much to lose. :sad20:

Whether firearms are taken away by fiat or incremental laws, confiscation is confiscation. With that, I'll leave you with a quote from Samuel Adams.

“Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

Peaceful John

May 31, 2011
    I'm very sure that there were colonialists who felt the same way. Even if they weren't sympathizing with the crown, they had much to lose. :sad20:

Whether firearms are taken away by fiat or incremental laws, confiscation is confiscation. With that, I'll leave you with a quote from Samuel Adams.

“Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

What he said.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    If people start shooting, it will give the powers that be a green light for national registration/confiscation. Again, it will be couched as a National Security issue and it will be done by fiat.

I think a couple of posts back I mentioned this. That's what they want.People will be begging for the the killings to stop.

It's pretty much in the Communist play book.Top Down,Bottom Up,Inside out.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008

The tag line on my personal email is the full quote.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
    Samuel Adams

Those are some powerful words, said in a time when freedom and liberty were discussed by like minded people as they were deciding what course of action should be taken against a tyrannical government.
    Might be time for each of us to dig down and ask ourselves where we stand.
    I know where I stand.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    US Supreme Court, 1886 - NORTON v. SHELBY COUNTY, 118 US 442 --- an unconstitutional act is not a law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; it affords no protection; it creates no office; it is, in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.

The US Constitution is a document to restrain the government. It is time we the people, AMERICANS, stand up - file suit after suit and demand the recognition of the supreme law of the land! Talk about it! Be vocal - too many people are not educated enough and do not realize that the government and the laws they like to pass are NOT the supreme law(s) of the land - The US Constitution is!

Last edited:

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Please discuss this next point a lot and ask others you may know of that know something about this next post; because the following is the response I got when I posted the same as my last post here (#65) on other site:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    obama failed once to take our guns, but sand monkey will go behind our backs. When the United States joins an international treaty, may Congress pass laws toward its implementation that violate the Constitution? obama says yes, once a treaty is signed by Obama and ratified by the Senate, Congress has the power to pass any law necessary and proper to implement the treaty. ANY law! The constitutional limits on Congressional power may be ignored at the whim of lawmakers. As a result, the United Nations would effectively make the laws by which the American people are governed. The UN Small Arms Treaty would wipe out the 2nd Amendment as international police acquire authority to order, even carry out, the disarming of the American people. The Bill of Rights will become the former law of the land. Express an opinion insulting to pro-Islamic UN doctrine, and an American citizen could be imprisoned (or, should the terms of a treaty call for it, perhaps even be beheaded as an infidel!) For elected DC representatives may fashion and pass legislation based solely upon upholding the terms of any treaty with any nation for any purpose. John Roberts (being blackmailed by obama) has already betrayed the American people by ignoring the Constitution in his decision on obamacarelessjobkiller. Will this corrupt and cowardly justice now participate in a majority ruling that would put that document to death and finally take our guns?
    FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!
    If they use the background check database, tell them you through the gun away, they need a class action law suit.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Exactly, We have to have the moral high ground in this. Don't shoot first and only by self defense of your home and property.
    4th amendment still apply's. I wonder how a judge would sign a search warrant or warrant for arrest on a citizen who's "only crime is not to register a firearm". Class D felon?

Should a government become unjust, violating rather than protecting rights, the people may exercise their right to revolution.

It sought to conserve the oldest and highest law, which according to the Declaration of Independence is “the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God.” The Founders compared the natural law to the conventional law under which they lived, and—as described so eloquently and succinctly in the Declaration of Independence—determined that a revolution was justified in the name of this higher law.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I wonder how a judge would sign a search warrant or warrant for arrest on a citizen who's "only crime is not to register a firearm". Class D felon?

The same kind of judge who signs a classified FISA warrant, that noone is allowed to see.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit