• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I would like to advocate joining the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association as another way to express our concerns at the state level.

The Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association (MSRPA) is the flagship Gun Rights organization in and for the State of Maryland. The Association offers both individual and club memberships. The MSRPA supports of the shooting disciplines and legislative activities is primarily through a system of committees. All participants are volunteers. The MSRPA is the local representative and connection to the NRA.

In the face of a near tidal wave of citizen disarmament occurring in Maryland, the MSRPA has played a critical part in drawing the line and standing firm for Gun Rights. Without this resistance, things would have been much worse and been so much sooner. Now the objective is to continue to develop new activists with numerous individual skills who will help us bring Maryland into line with the rest of the states which have made strong gains in protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

It is the duty of a State Association is to assist the National Rifle Association at the State level in these objectives:

• Maintaining a state-wide network of gun-rights activists for informing legislators, other public officials and the media about the interests of the gun owning community.
    • Promoting marksmanship and safe firearms handling via affiliated clubs and statewide programs.
    • Organizing and sanctioning state championship matches in all shooting disciplines.
    • Maintaining a Political Action Committee for supporting state-level political candidates who are favorable to the gun-owning community.
    • Conducting Junior Programs in the shooting sports.
    • Promoting hunter safety.

So, along with joining the NRA, MSI, and SAF, consider joining you local state association (http://www.msrpa.org/membership.php).

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Done ... spreading the LOVE one 2A membership at a time ... and adding to my sig line.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just joined the other day, I figure it's a good thing to contribute to those organizations that can further our cause. I guess I'm kind of a legacy too, my father was a member back in the '60s.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Do they actually do anything? I didn't see a single communication from them last year. I expect the "advocacy" line is just a lie, and the only thing they're interested in doing is depositing checks and organizing tournaments. More NRA wool pulled over our eyes. The only e-mail communication they have is the 1-3x yearly newsletter which has apparently not been released since 2009, and the two isolated articles on their newsletter page have zero, ZERO to do with advocacy. The latest Maryland news from the "Legislative" section is a defunct link to a list of two year old bills. Looks like a waste of time to me. NRA doesn't care about Maryland (unless they can get your money).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom